The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-03-10 06:05:55

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Forum Fodder! - Random Topic about: Psychic Vampires

SO!  To make a companion thread to THIS ONE, I'm gonna go ahead and start a second, just in case the other one isn't a popular topic.  As before, I'm going to hit the "Random Article" button on Therian.Wikia and the thread will be about the first good article that comes up.  Alright, spinning the wheel...

Mate - This is what some Therians call their significant other.  It's not interesting enough for me, so I hit it again for...

Therian.Wikia - Hey!  It's one of my favorite sites!  Still doesn't warrant a discussion though...  SPIN IT AGAIN!

Psychic Vampire - BAM!  That's a good one!  These peculiar people have a sort of psychic-disorder, in which they need to feed off of some sort of "energy" from others. (or so they claim)  Some can passively feed, some need to go out and actively take it from people, some are hardly noticable, some can drain others to the point of depression, some claim to have really wacky powers associated with it, others are extremely emo and silly, and some of them don't even seem like they even know what they're talking about.  It's the perfect discussion for a were-forum!

3!
2!
1!
DISCUSSION TIME!

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#2 2012-03-10 20:20:09

WolfVanZandt
Website

Re: Forum Fodder! - Random Topic about: Psychic Vampires

What actually convinced me that there was something to vampirism (other than an overactive imagination) was the fact that I've been around otherwise very nice, approachable people who, nevertheless, left you feeling drained. And that's pretty much what a psychic vampire is, right?

#3 2012-03-10 22:17:25

lupinealchemist

WolfVanZandt wrote:

What actually convinced me that there was something to vampirism (other than an overactive imagination) was the fact that I've been around otherwise very nice, approachable people who, nevertheless, left you feeling drained. And that's pretty much what a psychic vampire is, right?

That's what I always thought.

#4 2012-03-11 04:40:08

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Yep.

So, interesting thing happened today.  I was talking to someone I knew from the local Occupy group, and at some point we wandered to a conversation about weird occult stuff.  He brought up an interest in vampires, and I ended up giving a lengthy explanation of them and what I'd seen of them, as he'd only heard of them before.  One of the things I pointed out was that many of them seem like clueless emos who probably don't know what they're talking about, but then there's quite a few of them who seem very serious and can be taken seriously in their claims, and there's a very small number who are very convincing when it comes to claims of having weird, vampire related powers.

Vampires of course have had a long time of intermingling with the Therian and especially Otherkin community, so they're bound to show up on any particular forum.

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#5 2012-03-12 13:48:38

KaraWolfDragon
Website

I read somewhere that anyone can be a psychic vampire, anyone can take energy from things or people. Do you think this is true? If not, what makes a psychic vampire do these things? Is it genetic?

The feeling of being a therian cannot be described in words. It's not just a label so we an find somewhere to fit in, it is who we are, who we have always been, and who we always will be. No one can change me, this is who I am. For more than ever.

#6 2012-03-12 18:15:31

WolfVanZandt
Website

I suspect that there's a continuum but I get a verry specific "empathic signature" around vampires of any kind. Therians seem rather nebulous but vampires "feel" almost like obsidian with lots of energy sheeting across the surface.

#7 2012-03-13 05:50:14

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

KaraWolfDragon wrote:

I read somewhere that anyone can be a psychic vampire, anyone can take energy from things or people. Do you think this is true? If not, what makes a psychic vampire do these things? Is it genetic?

The thing that's supposed to make them vampires is that they NEED to do it in some way, and I've heard too many theories to relate them all.

Edit: By the way, thread mission accomplished!

Last edited by SherlawkDragon (2012-03-13 05:50:38)

#8 2012-03-13 12:08:43

The Wolf Pen
Behemoth
Website

WolfVanZandt wrote:

I've also noticed people who were pretty much the exact opposite, leaving you feeling invigorated instead. Is there a term for that?

I have a blog about all things werewolf! View it at http://behemoth-book.blogspot.com/ !

#9 2012-03-13 16:09:02

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Curiously enough I was reading about psychic vampires today. It's a bit of a weird phenomena. Sanguine vampires are even weirder - apparently they feel ill and get headaches if they don't consume a few ounces of human blood every few days. Personally, I think that sounds like made up poser nonsense, but I suppose there is some weird stuff out there.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#10 2012-03-13 19:58:32

WolfVanZandt
Website

It's not weird, Shady, if it's an addiction.

I have a theory (very much a theory without much substantive support) that, instead of having an energy deficit, vampires are energy transformers with an energy addiction. It's that energy intensive empathic signature thatn makes me think that. And if they're energy transformers, they would be as able to feed energy into a person as well as draw it out. I suspect they have great potential as healers if they know how to control the energy flows.

#11 2012-03-13 20:35:15

lupinealchemist

WolfVanZandt wrote:

It's not weird, Shady, if it's an addiction.

I have a theory (very much a theory without much substantive support) that, instead of having an energy deficit, vampires are energy transformers with an energy addiction. It's that energy intensive empathic signature thatn makes me think that. And if they're energy transformers, they would be as able to feed energy into a person as well as draw it out. I suspect they have great potential as healers if they know how to control the energy flows.

When I played around with energy, people I've touched claim they feel a cool, refreshing sensation. Is this relevant to an energy transformer in your theory? Also, when I tried to draw energy from a friend who was going through a chaotic trance, it made me momentarily sick.

#12 2012-03-14 20:23:27

WolfVanZandt
Website

A transformer can take in energy, change it, and send it out changed. Of course, if a person doesn't know what they're doing, the result will be unpredictable.

In the shamanic tradition, illness is sometimes the result of having the wrong kind of energy in you. If you're adverse to chaotic energy, then it would make you sick.

#13 2012-03-14 23:05:44

lupinealchemist

Do you think I should train in this considering what extremely little I know?

#14 2012-03-15 18:30:28

WolfVanZandt
Website

I don't know how you'd go about training. Looks to me like the field is wide open for exploration.

#15 2012-03-15 23:17:14

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

WolfVanZandt wrote:

I don't know how you'd go about training.

Safe Practice and Careful Experimentation.

#16 2012-03-28 23:27:02

WerewolfLeaAnn

Well, if they 'need' to feed on energy, does it not make them sick or weak if they do not?

"I feel the Change, back to a better day, the hair stands on the back of my neck, wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself!"- Metallica, "of wolf and man"

#17 2012-03-29 07:41:16

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Well, yeah, that's kinda the point...

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Looks to me like the field is wide open for exploration.

If you wanna look into this, you should go check out the Vampire community sites: they're very similar to therian sites, with stuff about "what is vampirism", "what causes vampirism", "good ways to feed", "how to mix vampirism with magic and the occult", and "draining the life of your victims without Task Force V.A.L.K.Y.R.I.E. finding you out".  You know, the kind of standard stuff you usually see on therian sites...

Board footer