The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-06 05:29:56

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Forum Fodder! - Random Topic about: Drinking Blood

Since everyone seems to be enjoying it, I'm going to continue the series with yet another random topic!  Once again, I'm just hitting the random button on Therian.Wikia.  If anyone wants to start one themselves go ahead.  Anyway, here goes this one!

Drinking Blood - BAM!  Right off the bat, we hit a controversial subject!

So, how do you guys feel about the practice of drinking blood?  Do you have any experiences with it?  Perhaps you have an interesting reference to share?  What do you think of the concept itself, and what do you think of the ideas behind it?  Could blood-drinking really be a source of spiritual energy, or a way to "connect with the universe" as they say?

DISCUSS ON FELLOW FORUMERS!

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#2 2012-04-06 13:06:07

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Re: Forum Fodder! - Random Topic about: Drinking Blood

Drinking blood is for teenager OMGZ I'M A VAMPYRE LOL fools.

I know there are some "real vampires" who feel ill if they don't drink blood or something. Since blood is a rich source of iron, however, they're probably just people suffering from anaemia and could just as easily replenish their iron from eating red meat or green leafy vegetables. But who's going to eat spinach when it's so much cooler to be like I'M A VAMPYRE I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT BLOOD!

tl;dr nobody really 'needs' to drink blood.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#3 2012-04-07 02:34:42

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

ShadyHowl wrote:

Since blood is a rich source of iron, however, they're probably just people suffering from anaemia and could just as easily replenish their iron from eating red meat or green leafy vegetables.

Your post was funny, but this part made me burst out laughing.  Are you sure that's nutritionally accurate?

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#4 2012-04-07 03:14:35

WolfVanZandt
Website

Well, in my opinion, human blood tastes nasty - too metallic - so no human is in danger of me eating them.

#5 2012-04-07 04:38:34

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

SherlawkDragon wrote:

ShadyHowl wrote:

Since blood is a rich source of iron, however, they're probably just people suffering from anaemia and could just as easily replenish their iron from eating red meat or green leafy vegetables.

Your post was funny, but this part made me burst out laughing.  Are you sure that's nutritionally accurate?

Ya rly. Well, I dunno if RL 'vampires' drink blood for that reason, that's just an educated guess. But red meat and green leafy vegetables are both good sources of iron. I done learned stuff at school.

Also apparently drinking blood too often can make you ill.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#6 2012-04-07 16:26:44

WolfVanZandt
Website

Most of the vampires I've known take very small amounts of blood at a time. "Lick" would be more accurate than "drink".

BTW, blood is rich. If you're not used to it, it can upset your stomach. The same can be said of spinach and a lot of wild, but edible, greens. But think of the Germanic peoples penchant for rich foods such as blood puddings, blood sausages, blood gravies, and the like. Also, think of the Masai's main staple - cow blood mixed with soured milk.

Last edited by WolfVanZandt (2012-04-07 16:30:45)

#7 2012-04-07 18:28:52

WolfMontana

*Tries to think of the Masai's main staple, but frantically backpedals and ponders chocolate easter eggs instead*

I personally think it's hilarious, and am kinda with ShadyHowl on this one. Most folks can convince themselves they need something, without actually really needing it. And I reckon, for many, they get a thrill from feeling 'daaangerous'. tongue

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#8 2012-04-07 18:59:11

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Most of the vampires I've known take very small amounts of blood at a time. "Lick" would be more accurate than "drink".
BTW, blood is rich. If you're not used to it, it can upset your stomach.

Yes to both of these.

blood puddings, blood sausages, blood gravies

All of which are delicious.  It's been a while since I've had bloodwurst, sadly...

#9 2012-04-07 23:14:10

WolfVanZandt
Website

I have a recipe for a great blood gravy on my website. You have to have a good relationship with your butcher, though.

#10 2012-04-08 00:45:35

WerewolfLeaAnn

Well, the practice of 'drinking blood' I suppose makes sense  in a way. Vampires don't make energy of their own, or so some says.
Not only is blood rich of iron, but it's extremely potent with energy. In a pinch a lil blood will do ya*winks*

Personally, I don't mind the taste of blood, I have an odd like for its taste, just I never see any purpose for my personal consumption so I simply do not. However, I just cannot handle bleeding so I don't allow anyone to take my blood either. So all in all, my opinion is whatever suits your needs, be my guest. I won't stop you from doing what you must.

"I feel the Change, back to a better day, the hair stands on the back of my neck, wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself!"- Metallica, "of wolf and man"

#11 2012-04-08 04:01:49

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Yeah, to be honest, I'm agreeing with LeaAnn here.  I've had cravings for blood before, and the couple of times I've been able to indulge them have been not only tasty, but quite a rush.  Now, that's not to say that this isn't just psychological from doing something wild and unusual, but I certainly did enjoy myself in a very therianthropy-related manner...

#12 2012-04-08 11:31:39

WerewolfLeaAnn

A bit of a personal confession: There are times when I give in to the craving and eat raw meat and drink blood. I don't do it often, really only when I'm weak and low on energy.

"I feel the Change, back to a better day, the hair stands on the back of my neck, wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself!"- Metallica, "of wolf and man"

#13 2012-04-09 16:33:05

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

#14 2012-04-10 10:15:25

WerewolfLeaAnn

Wow Sherlawk... I never know what to expect from you.

#15 2012-04-10 19:14:14

WolfVanZandt
Website

That's it Sherlawk. Keep 'em on their toes!

#16 2012-04-10 19:34:35

WerewolfLeaAnn

While I love My Little Pony, that's slightly disturbing to have that on a topic of drinking blood...

#17 2012-04-11 05:39:55

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

WerewolfLeaAnn wrote:

While I love My Little Pony, that's slightly disturbing to have that on a topic of drinking blood...

That was exactly what I was thinking: they're vegetarians!
Except Rainbow...

#18 2012-04-11 12:40:16

WerewolfLeaAnn

Haha! That's funny...

Board footer