The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2012-05-18 21:02:18

werekitten63

Re: Why You Are (Probably) Not a Werewolf

I had purple fuzzy slippers.  I love water, could I be a water wolf?  What does it mean if you stand too long in the woods and worms start coming up  at your feet?  Besides being dead. Thinking Im therian,  I still haven't grown out of it.

#27 2012-06-15 10:59:06

Echi

Why would anyone want to be a therian/werewolf? It's nothing like the movies. We still have to do normal *people* things & we don't have superpowers or the ability to physically become our theriosides.

“There is a beast in man that should be exercised, not exorcised†~ Anton LaVey

#28 2012-06-15 19:23:34

WolfVanZandt
Website

Yeah. Boggles the mind, doesn't it?

#29 2012-07-23 17:27:57

Snuhwolf
Website

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Yeah. Boggles the mind, doesn't it?

Not really. Everyone wants to be "special", and what better way than to have what amounts to superpowers?As a refugee from now long-dead AHWW, this topic was beaten to death long ago. Yet, zombielike, after every new movie featuring werewolves, there were the usual n00bz claiming to have "nightvison", "super hearing", etc. That said, I'm about as species dysphoric as you can get. But whacha gonna do? smile

#30 2012-07-23 18:54:21

WolfVanZandt
Website

A waitress once asked me what werewolves do; I said, "We do what everyone else does. We deal with it, and then we die."

Which is to say, we all get dealt a hand of cards. The best we can do is make the most of the hand we have.

#31 2012-07-24 13:17:05

Snuhwolf
Website

WolfVanZandt wrote:

A waitress once asked me what werewolves do; I said, "We do what everyone else does. We deal with it, and then we die."

Which is to say, we all get dealt a hand of cards. The best we can do is make the most of the hand we have.

Well thats a bit scary.  In that your response was exactly what I was thinking before I read it. Syncronicty? More likely just the logical conclusion of this line of thought and shared cultural references.Life is a card game. Btw, why did the waitress know you are were? My experience with telling anyone about such things has been decidely negative.

#32 2012-07-24 20:16:07

WolfVanZandt
Website

I have a friend - not Therian - who I've been hiking and camping with for about 40 years and he's quite aware of my nature. There's a Chinese restaurant that we frequent and he told the waitress I was a Werewolf. Probably trying to get a rise.

What gets my hackles up, if I don't catch myself, is that people assume that we're Werewolves because we do something or are a part of some secret society or something. The first and simplest assumption is that we (at least think we) are Werewolves simply because we (at  least think we) are Werewolves.

I've been pretty fortunate with being open about my therianthropy. I think most Therians expect a negative reaction before they even say anything and the person they're talking to just picks up on that and follows suit. If I say anything about it at all, it arises naturally in the conversation and I state it as simply a matter of fact. It also helps that I'm already a respected member of the communities I'm in and can, therefore, get away with a lot more.

I usually include in my Howls a demonstration that the campers and hikers around us really couldn't care less whether someone is howling around them or not. I suspect that a lot of the negativity most Therians meet with in social situations is on the order of self-fulfilling prophesies.

#33 2012-10-05 16:06:01

bloodlust
werewolf guardian
Website

I'm pretty open about my being a therian and surprisingly not many people think its weird,i  still get bombarded with questions that i find difficult tto answer.

The only thing that i haven't come out with is my being a fan of furries.

"Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend."
http://s1.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=152377

#34 2012-11-28 18:20:48

wildcat2083

I happen to run across the site, and read the topic and main "meat" of this threat, lol its umm funny but true, however just to play the devils' advocate here, what if a real wolf happen to start communicating, would you believe them at all? just curious

#35 2012-11-29 02:16:36

WolfVanZandt
Website

Yeah, because their main presence would very much most likely to be offline. There's much less posing in Real Life than there is online. This is definitely giving the Turing Test a workout, though.

#36 2013-01-25 00:39:59

Wolfguide1235

One dosent have a choice to posses the soul of a wolf in the past life.
Simply at birth the soul passes to you. Just because you love animals &
Like the wolf specificly dosent make you one.. you will know as young as the age of 4 or 5
How you feel or at heart.. I knew, and I must say I was born with incredible sharp teeth and had a
Taste for blood, grew some but true , when I was young and had bloody noses the taste would
Be yet soo satisfying . Viciously wouldn't trust people and the moon would fill my heart with life.
The stars always guiding me.  My body always incredibly hott. And I must say at first glance.  You see my
Face feature and can tell I am indeed a wolf, intensly misterious yet beatiful...

#37 2013-01-25 18:31:05

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Somebody didn't read the first post in the thread :-/

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#38 2013-01-25 22:02:36

WolfVanZandt
Website

Looks like it.........

#39 2013-01-25 22:05:34

lupinealchemist

I blame the tldr excuse. :p

#40 2013-09-30 10:04:40

Echi

Wolfguide1235 wrote:

One dosent have a choice to posses the soul of a wolf in the past life.
Simply at birth the soul passes to you. Just because you love animals &
Like the wolf specificly dosent make you one.. you will know as young as the age of 4 or 5
How you feel or at heart.. I knew, and I must say I was born with incredible sharp teeth and had a
Taste for blood, grew some but true , when I was young and had bloody noses the taste would
Be yet soo satisfying . Viciously wouldn't trust people and the moon would fill my heart with life.
The stars always guiding me.  My body always incredibly hott. And I must say at first glance.  You see my
Face feature and can tell I am indeed a wolf, intensly misterious yet beatiful...

I actually find this hilarious. I really needed a good laugh xD

Last edited by Echi (2013-09-30 10:04:58)

“There is a beast in man that should be exercised, not exorcised†~ Anton LaVey

#41 2016-05-18 16:51:16

zergthe

ShadyHowl wrote:

6. Loving animals and having a literal 'animal magnetism' - Dogs, cats and other domesticated animals gravitate to you because they've learned being friendly with people gets them food; not because you're imbued with magical powers.

Hmmm...for the most part, I agree. However, there used to be a dog I knew, and her name was Java. She was a large dog, and had very strong instincts. She didn't like strangers. That is how we met. She was being fostered by my "Auntie", who was a veterinarian. We went to her house, as we were friends with her kids and their father, too. We entered through the gate, and immediately she was there, very much being vocal about her distrust. The people managed to calm her down, and I made a beeline for her. We became fast friends. When my family would go to pet-sit, she sought me out first, above all others besides her original owner. She was also a very smart dog; heck, she learned my nickname, and whenever somebody said, "Go find [my nickname], Java!" she would make a beeline for me. Every time. Everyone else had asked, "Why him? I'm housing her!" to "I don't get it. We are with her every day, and yet you (referring to me) are the first person besides her owner to do this." Guess what? I probably gave her the least amount of food out of everyone, and yet I was one of three [my mom being the third] to get her to make these half whine, half woof sounds. We loved each other. I laid down when she was laying down, something I did with my dog, Comet, before we sent him to the long sleep. We had fights, too. But we got over it. To her, I'm sure I was one of her few loved ones. Yet again, I rarely fed her at all. She didn't go to me for food (unless, of course, I did have food and was about to give some to her), she went to me for companionship. If that's still being drawn to people because I had food for only a few times to giver to her, I don't know what isn't. Thoughts?

#42 2016-05-18 17:35:36

WolfVanZandt
Website

It's rare that anyone is treated like a legitimate person any more, yet people crave that. People like your companionship when you treat them like a legitimate person - that includes children and nonhuman people.

It's a common story among Weres that people tend to be drawn to us and they dump their entire lifestory plus things they wouldn't tell anyone else on us. I suspect that the fact is more mundane than most would think. We are simply more likely to treat others as people. Most Weres talk to children and pets pretty much in the same way that they talk to anyone else.

#43 2016-05-19 16:55:14

zergthe

@WolfVanZandt
Is this a sign of enlightenment!? Kidding.
When I grow strong bonds with dogs, I tend to treat them like you said: like legitimate people. Kids younger than me...not so much. Of course I treat people like legitimate people...unless I'm dealing with a bully, then I treat them less than a person. Usually. So, from what your saying, I'm gonna guess...its normal?

#44 2016-05-19 18:45:11

WolfVanZandt
Website

Not normal, I don't think, but, yes, I suspect it is a sign of enlightenment, or, at least, wisdom.

In my life-philosophy, relationships are the most important things a person has. In shamanic terms: People are more important than things; relationships are more important than possessions. But good relationships have to be cultivated. A relationship is like a garden - if you don't approach it with intention, what you get are weeds. Part of that is transcendence. You have to be able to see how you fit into the whole system to make reasonable decisions concerning relationships.  Another big part is the recognition that other people are real and important. Most people would agree with me but, when you observe their relationships it becomes pretty obvious that other people are mainly tools; especially, children and non-humans are toys.

I think where the Were advantage is, is that a Were has a greater sense of connection to the world around them and less separation between "me and them". Weres don't filter as strongly as Mainstreamers so its harder to ignore inconvenient truths. It's difficult for Weres to see other people as anything other than people.

#45 2016-08-14 00:01:41

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

WolfVanZandt wrote:

I think where the Were advantage is, is that a Were has a greater sense of connection to the world around them and less separation between "me and them".

Or, you know, greater tendency towards alienation, and thus a more outside perspective...

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

Board footer