The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2011-04-02 03:40:16

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Re: hunting instincts...how far is too far?

Edwin'sCorner wrote:

i've started to accept it finally, it's super awesome because,,,idk, it's like this flame in the middle of my chest that i have to engage and stretch and expand regularly..that's about how i can explain it. it's so awesome it sends my hairs on end and i ttly tense up smile it's great, idk, but i dont hunt.. i may run through the trails on campus a lot, but i don't hunt, i guess because i excercise my wolf more than i keep it "locked away"

Actually, that's not a bad way to describe it, person with a weird username...

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#27 2011-04-05 02:55:43

chas

Hi, my former roommate is a tiger (therian), now living in Texas, and there were many times he would get a little , well, over zealous, to say the least.  It took a lot of control on his part, and a lot of understanding on mine, even more so.  I still have a lot to learn.  The tiger is a very strong part of him, (I also have a cat), and it was like having 2 cats in the house, literally.  He would dash about, without a sound, occasionally letting me know where he was with a deep purr and growl.  I miss it.  He would pop up out of nowhere, and for some of our friends, this was a bit, well, freaky.  Like I said, I loved it and I miss it.  He is also strong as hell, and can lift me with one arm.  I way 200 lbs.  Anyway, truly relish who you are, but remember, use caution, restraint, discretion, and just enjoy being who you are.  Consider your surroundings, mind the likes of ya, and all will be fantastic.

#28 2012-06-12 02:38:39

EmberWolf

My absence from this forum has taught me a lot, as well as the things people have posted since I left.  In all honesty I feel like I've conjured up more questions than answers in the time since I've last posted, but I've certainly learned a few things along the way.  I feel like a lot of people find themselves on this forum looking for answers, and frankly, I also feel like these people are just as lost as I am.  Therianthropy may or may not exist, for now its un-provable.  However the foundation of feeling as though it may be real is different for everyone.  In my opinion what IS real is the way people personify forces they cannot understand, and furthermore, should not be too incredibly concerned with the way they come across.  In whatever ways they can fathom personifying these things they cannot explain, they shouldn't be judged anymore than the way a caveman might personify the sun in his latest cave painting.  In other words these feelings that certain people (myself whole heartedly included) apparently tend to feel are simply misunderstood in this day and age, allowing old fashioned (and some may consider primitive) ideals to apply.  Sadly I just can't shake the feeling that it's more complicated than that.  And furthermore...ugh.

#29 2012-06-13 00:25:29

WolfVanZandt
Website

Saying that it's currently unprovable isn't really saying as much as some would think. The fact that the Were Community has only existed since 1994 has a lot to do with it. As it is, therianthropy obviously exists, even if it's only a bunch of people on the Internet playing games. It also obviously exists offline as is attested by the many Howls and RL communities. Whether there is a "real" basis for it may be debatable, but only in the way that it's debatable that Baptists or Lithuanians exist. We haven't been studied much simply because the research communities haven't caught up with us. It's very possible that the medical community has had an introduction to a subset of our kind in the form of clinical lycanthropes. Also, we are beginning to appear in the sociological and anthropological literatures. So we are beginning to be taken seriously.

As for why we're misunderstood, we simply don't fit into the reality map that resides in most people's head. Humanity's view of reality is constantly being updated, though, and I honestly don't think it will be too long before  we are rather passe and well within the domain of generally accepted reality.

#30 2012-06-14 00:23:05

EmberWolf

As always, well put wolfvanzandt.  Whenever I read your posts I always find myself agreeing with you on an instinctual level, and disagreeing with you on a strictly logical level.  The reason I keep reading them is because I've had much better results in life, in general, following my instincts rather than my logic.  I suppose my journey right now is deciding how to incorporate both harmonically.

#31 2012-06-15 00:16:36

WolfVanZandt
Website

Well, I think the key there is to determine where which is appropriate and to understand that there's different kinds of logic. The logic of dynamical (chaotic) systems is different from that of strictly determined systems in that they're too sensitive to initial states and complex to even begin to predict or effectively manipulate them from a "scientific" standpoint. Dreamtime logic is drastically different from Realtime logic simply because it works like a virtual environment (whether, as I believe, it actually is, or if it just seems to be). Eastern logic works better with information (in the information theoretic or AI sense) than does Western logic because Eastern logic has more existential categories than the Western "to be or not to be" dichotomy. Intuition certainly has it's place in the world and, as a large proportion of Weres are chaotic people, it's a very important factor in the Were community.

Board footer