The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-05-30 16:17:08

The Busboy
Administrator

The movie "The Grey"

This movie is a wolf pack movie that is a bit gory.  Here's a link to the newly released DVD on amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/Grey-Liam-Neeson/ … amp;sr=1-3

#2 2012-05-30 16:18:41

The Busboy
Administrator

Re: The movie "The Grey"

Did anyone see this one?  What did you think?

#3 2012-06-07 23:58:16

JokerWolf
Resident Prankster
Website

I saw it. Loved the entire movie except for the ambiguous ending

Third world children are plentiful. Fossil fuels are scarce. We need to burn something.

Help control the pet population, I'm hungry

#4 2012-06-08 23:29:47

Echi

It looks like a good movie...though all of the people who decide to hate on it because of the wolves are getting a bit annoying...it's a movie for Christ's sake.

“There is a beast in man that should be exercised, not exorcised†~ Anton LaVey

#5 2012-07-09 10:35:45

The Busboy
Administrator

From another forum topic that was deleted (since this one already existed):

WereWolfH wrote:

Did anyone see this? I jsut rented it and wowwwwwww. It was good, but stupid. Hey let's be stranded on an ice desert and keep leaving weapons behind so the wolves could eat us up.   WTF.

It was good though, if you think about all these unrealistic shark movies.

I think Grey's the name. It stars Liam Neeson and a plane crashes I guess somewhere in Alaska?

#6 2012-07-21 15:52:19

Fenris Lupa
Dog Soldier

Yeah I watched it, after much protest.  And it was ok...only because of Liam Neeson.  Other then that, who ever did the research about the Wolves, didn't do much research at all.  Through out the whole movie, I was pointing out, that's wrong...or that wouldn't happen.

And yes, it's just a movie, but it's a movie that portrays Wolves as blood thirsty killers....when in fact, it's mankind who is the blood thirsty killers.

And it couldn't have come out at a worse time, with all the protests and fighting over the Wolf hunts taking place.  So now people that see this movie and don't know much about Wolves are going to support these hunts....and it's sicking. 

So, all in all....as before, I still say boycott this movie....fiction or not.

Never do anything as a wolf you wouldn't do as a man...if you have a good heart....you'll be a good dog....

#7 2012-10-27 04:36:30

werewolfwriter
Website

Watched "The Grey" at 2 a.m. Atmospheric survival (sort of) movie. Liam Neeson is astounding as always in Hemingway-esque role. Living proof testosterone doesn't always dip in middle age. One complaint: Heroes make the same dumb-ass move as in "30 Days of Night" -- leaving a place of comparative safety (the ruined plane) into worse danger. Here's a tip, campers. When surrounded by wolves, DON'T head into the woods. As one none-wolf expert in the party points out to Neeson's character, they don't know whether they're headed away from the den or toward it.  The ending is not ambiguous, unless you really, really, really believe in the luck of the Irish.

#8 2012-10-27 06:27:17

bloodlust
werewolf guardian
Website

I really don't like the way the wolves were portrayed in this movie. I have studied and read about wolves for several years and can point out several things that i know wolves wouldn't do. Other than that, the movie was good.

"Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend."
http://s1.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=152377

Board footer