The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-05 10:57:02

BlackWolfMarwood

The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim: werewolves!

http://images.wikia.com/elderscrolls/images/9/94/SKYRIM_WEREWOLF.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/-T8mmAVPPmOE/TskSaJHza0I/AAAAAAAABqg/eiOEaP7V9QU/s1600/hircine.png

Youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_jsNOyt … re=related

Lets just say on my saved game, after finishing the story line and becoming bored, I terrorized the towns folk in Skyrim and left no one alive.

Last edited by marwolf (2012-01-05 11:03:52)

#2 2012-01-18 00:01:26

The Wolf Pen
Behemoth
Website

Re: The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim: werewolves!

Fighting as a werewolf is so fun! Claw claw claw insta-kill!

I have a blog about all things werewolf! View it at http://behemoth-book.blogspot.com/ !

#3 2012-01-18 21:14:18

WolfMontana

Yeah - sending folks flying is fun. big_smile However, having no way to regenerate health outside of eating folks isn't. In Morrowind, you regenerated, which was cool (and accurate with alot of werewolf 'lore'). I like that you get health back from chomping kills, but when you're fighting a boss mob, you're surprisingly susceptible to getting your head bashed in when you can't heal.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#4 2012-01-18 21:28:40

BlackWolfMarwood

God mode makes it all better!

#5 2012-01-18 21:51:10

lupinealchemist

WolfMontana wrote:

Yeah - sending folks flying is fun. big_smile However, having no way to regenerate health outside of eating folks isn't. In Morrowind, you regenerated, which was cool (and accurate with alot of werewolf 'lore'). I like that you get health back from chomping kills, but when you're fighting a boss mob, you're surprisingly susceptible to getting your head bashed in when you can't heal.

I found that the fear howl can help in this situation. However, a recent update had a bug that changes the beast form's armor rating to 0 instead of being accumulated from the light armor skill. Even without beast form, the disease immunity is a nice perk. Whether or not it outweighs the prevention of resting bonuses is for you to decide.

#6 2012-01-20 23:17:59

The Wolf Pen
Behemoth
Website

No resting bonus, no problem. Sure, it takes a bit longer to raise skills, but I don't find that a problem.

I have a blog about all things werewolf! View it at http://behemoth-book.blogspot.com/ !

#7 2012-01-21 11:57:59

The Busboy
Administrator

That is a cool character image marwolf, did you design it?

#8 2012-01-22 16:40:36

The Wolf Pen
Behemoth
Website

That's actually an image from the game. Still pretty cool, though.

#9 2012-01-22 22:22:39

The Busboy
Administrator

Ah, cool, thank you.

#10 2012-06-17 01:58:07

lwinston

Have not played Skyrim but if there are bits and pieces relating to werewolves in there, I would likely budge.

I have tried Oblivion from before and have not noticed if there are ones which are to be considered as werewolves and I hope that I did not just miss out on them.  But in any case, it is one of the games that I really enjoyed playing so I guess I would try it out.

#11 2012-06-17 23:46:40

WolfMontana

Oblivion is werewolf-less unless you use a mod of some sort, and there are some good ones and some passable ones out there. Skyrim werewolves are pretty cool, but you can't just wander around and get bitten to become one, which annoys me wink  Unless of course, you use a mod. Modders, I wub you... big_smile

#12 2012-07-09 00:41:30

lupinealchemist

With Dawnguard, werewolves are once again powerhouses. The savage feeding perk should be top priority.

#13 2012-11-12 09:25:10

BigRedRidingHood

My only qualm is....well.... LOOK AT IT! When I think of weres, I picture them with the faces of wolves: Beautiful, mysterious and wild. While this were is wild looking, his eyes are non-existant. *Hugs my tail* Though I am happy to see a were with a tail.

"No, I'm not friggin' Amaterasu, you crackhead!!! I'M A F***ING GUY!!!!"  -Me, to a fanboy.

#14 2012-11-12 11:48:10

lupinealchemist

There's a Skyrim mod that makes werewolves more wolf looking similar to Bloodmoon. Speaking of Bloodmoon, guess where the new Skyrim DLC takes place.

#15 2012-11-13 13:03:59

KCat

The werewolves aren't that bad looking. Not the best, but there's plenty worse out there. My main issue with it is the patchy fur pattern.

The aforementioned mod actually redesigns them to be more like those from The Howling.

And as an aside, it looks like there will be werewolves in The Elder Scrolls Online:
http://ompldr.org/tZzhhZg
According to this video you will be able to become one.

#16 2012-11-13 13:22:21

lupinealchemist

I remember back then they said you couldn't be a child of Molag Bal (vampire) or Hircine (werewolf) due to complications, I guess they changed their mind.

Last edited by lupinealchemist (2012-11-13 13:22:41)

#17 2012-11-14 12:59:01

WolfMontana

Geez I hope so - saw that video myself and almost did a spit take when he said you had vampire and werewolf 'perks'. Methinks he was speaking with forked tongue.

I'm trying to find a really good werewolf mod for Skyrim. I like ideas in Curse of the Werewolf (you can choose to wake up somewhere random, no inventory as if you'd just changed for the first time, random changes, inventory destroyed as if you ripped it apart in the change, stuff like that) but it was really buggy for me (kept teleporting me to some weird void space). I also like Tales of the Lycanthrope (I think that's the name) for it's moon cycles. Also installed the Incredible Hulk werewolf mod (hee) that makes you change when you're below 35% health big_smile and the one that lets you feed off animals, and one that adds random werewolf spawns to the world.

But it'd be nice to find a werewolf mod that had it all.

#18 2012-11-14 17:50:09

bloodlust
werewolf guardian
Website

Wolf, are there any good werewolf mods for the xbox360 version of Skyrim? If there are, where can I find them?

"Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend."
http://s1.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=152377

#19 2012-11-15 11:57:34

KCat

WolfMontana wrote:

I'm trying to find a really good werewolf mod for Skyrim. I like ideas in Curse of the Werewolf (you can choose to wake up somewhere random, no inventory as if you'd just changed for the first time, random changes, inventory destroyed as if you ripped it apart in the change, stuff like that) but it was really buggy for me (kept teleporting me to some weird void space). I also like Tales of the Lycanthrope (I think that's the name) for it's moon cycles. Also installed the Incredible Hulk werewolf mod (hee) that makes you change when you're below 35% health big_smile and the one that lets you feed off animals, and one that adds random werewolf spawns to the world.

But it'd be nice to find a werewolf mod that had it all.

Tales of Lycanthropy includes some werewolf spawns. They're normal wandering people during the day that change at night. It also has options to specify the chance of changing depending on the moon phase. The Dawnguard DLC also adds rare werewolf spawns, and it includes the ability to get perks as a werewolf, one of which lets you feed on animals.

Dawnguard should really be a must-have for werewolf players, since it gives you an armor rating in beast form and adds perks you can get for eating people, as well as the aforementioned world spawns.

#20 2012-11-16 01:00:43

WolfMontana

Actually, I managed to get a nice balance with the following mods. Now my werewolf has regen, better AC, changes with the phases of the moon or if her health goes below 35%, can feed on animals and even though I'm using Realistic Colors and Nights (very very dark nights), I get a brilliant red tinged night eye as soon as I change wink

Yet Another Werewolf Improvement (adds regen, adds scaling AC/claw damage/health - has to load before TOL)
Tales of Lycanthropy (adds the disease to the world - but it doesn't add spawns as far as I understand, adds new transformation sequences (which are amazing) and changes by phase of the moon)
Werewolves Occurring Naturally (which is incidently how I got the disease)
Feed on Animals and Creatures as a Werewolf
Werewolf Autochanger (you'll transform if you get really hurt)
Adaptive Nighteye (red tinged werewolf version, no ring - absolutely BRILLIANT)

Unfortunately Bloodlust you can't get mods on the xbox. BUT Dawnguard apparently has everything that these mods do for me (cept maybe the red tinged night eye and the autochanger) so I'd go for that downloadable content smile

#21 2012-11-17 02:18:07

bloodlust
werewolf guardian
Website

What is Dawngaurd? Is it a  seperate game or something from Skyrim? FYI, I don't have Skyrim...couldn't afford it when it came out, and the cheapest I could find it used is $30. So I'm trying to learn as much about the game as I possibly can.

#22 2012-11-17 02:23:48

WolfMontana

Sure - Dawnguard is official DLC (downloadable content). It's adds a major vampire storyline and adds more for the character to do as a werewolf I guess. I don't have it though, kinda skint atm. Skyrim plays really well on the xbox, I know that much. You just can't customize it as much than if you had the PC version.

#23 2012-11-18 19:35:51

bloodlust
werewolf guardian
Website

Thank you so much, Wolf *hugs* now I want Skyrim even more. big_smile

What werewolf perks do you get in the Dawngaurd DLC?

#24 2012-11-18 23:02:50

WolfMontana

You're welcome dude! Here's the whole write up about lycanthropy and the perk tree you get with Dawnguard. big_smile

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Lyca … 8Skyrim%29

Cool in game story today - came out of a tough dungeon to a wind and snow swept forest, and while heading back for a local inn, was set upon by an Argonian crazy person with some kind of grudge. He caught me by surprise, and did alot of damage before I finally killed him, and just as he fell at my feet I turned into a werewolf (because I have that turn- if-you-get-really-hurt-mod) - and promptly ate him. big_smile Then chased an elk for a bit wink

T'was fun.

#25 2012-11-19 14:02:42

bloodlust
werewolf guardian
Website

Killing and eating people while playing as a werewolf is always fun. smile

Is the automatically transform into a werewolf perk part of Dawnguard?

Board footer