The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-06 22:11:00

ODedonCoke

Any idea where I can see the film "Too Focused"?

Dig posted about this some time ago, but I haven't found anything anywhere on the Internet except for trailers.

It's a short film in German, so I can understand why it's hard to find by. If any of you can direct me to a link it would be great!

There's just not enough girl wolves out there....

#2 2012-11-07 13:50:52

The Busboy
Administrator

Re: Any idea where I can see the film "Too Focused"?

All the links I see about that film are in German (nothing in English), so you may have to search using German words and cast members or directors names and use an online translator software (if you don't speak German).

#3 2012-11-07 20:04:07

werefan

You're most likely going to have to go one of two routes. The first is the German iTunes store:

https://itunes.apple.com/de/movie/shock … d537977856

Unfortunately, you need a mailing address in Germany to open an iTunes account for that country.

More promising is just ordering the DVD:

http://www.amazon.de/Shocking-Shorts-20 … B008AS4NSE

US Amazon accounts work in European stores.  And it's cheap -- about $10 with shipping.

However, it's a Region 2 DVD, which means you'll either have to switch your region, rip it, and switch it back (usually you get five switches total without diddling with the firmware) or try viewing it with VLC media player (which can often, but not always, ignore the region on the DVD).

#4 2012-11-08 02:46:24

ODedonCoke

Thanks guys, you've been very helpful!

Busboy, I do speak some German, and it helped me a lot with the links. I tried my luck with Tele 5 (it's a German TV channel) but there's nothing there either. Guess I'll just have to order the DVD as werefan suggested.

Thanks again! You've made me feel very welcome here smile

ps. Since the film was made for the Shocking Shorts Award, there's also the option of waiting it out until someone posts a torrent version of the compilation. But we all hate waiting!

Last edited by ODedonCoke (2012-11-08 03:14:24)

#5 2012-12-04 21:12:29

ODedonCoke

Yay I finally got to watch "Too Focused" last night after having a friend living in Germany deliver the DVD to me.

***SPOILERS AHEAD***

The trailer actually gave away a large part of the TF sequence. I should say the transformation effects are fairly good. It's all CGI and distorted camera effects. You see the girl, Anna, writhe and thrash about (topless!) in the back seat of her supposed rescuer's car. Her ribs and spine distort, her teeth sharpen, eyes turn amber, her muscles bulge and snap the amulet on her neck.

We see her face push forward into a muzzle. the whole muzzle-change sequence is reflected on the main male protagonist's spectacles, and therefore isn't very clear. That's my only gripe about the TF.

And the end-result wolf? Well it seems that they rendered it in such a way that the werewolf struck me as - hairless? I could be wrong - the scene was dark. It reminded me of a naked wingless bat. LOL.

***END OF SPOILER***

If you speak German, I do recommend you get this DVD. Watch it also for the other short films contained inside, they're very good.

A big big thank you to Dig for bringing this to our attention!

Board footer