The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-15 01:14:01

FinShaggy
Website

BEST Games About Werewolves, or Involving Werewolves

I know there are some awesome ones in Fable III and I am honestly drawing a blank other than that. But I haven't played video games in like a year, and even then I didn't play much. I'm too broke to afford consoles and/or games. BUT, one day I won't be. So what's some good ones to get?

Last edited by FinShaggy (2013-04-15 01:14:21)

#2 2013-04-15 15:32:47

lupinealchemist

Re: BEST Games About Werewolves, or Involving Werewolves

Try the Elder Scrolls, Darkstalkers, Star Ocean, Seiken Densetsu 3, and Killer Instinct. These games have playable werewolves.

#3 2013-04-15 15:47:50

FinShaggy
Website

lupinealchemist wrote:

Try the Elder Scrolls, Darkstalkers, Star Ocean, Seiken Densetsu 3, and Killer Instinct. These games have playable werewolves.

Elder Scrolls, that's Oblivion right? I played that for like 3 days at a friends house, but I never got to any werewolves. When I get a game system I definitely want to play that again.

#4 2013-04-15 18:57:07

lupinealchemist

FinShaggy wrote:

lupinealchemist wrote:

Elder Scrolls, that's Oblivion right? I played that for like 3 days at a friends house, but I never got to any werewolves. When I get a game system I definitely want to play that again.

Daggerfall, Morrowind and Skyrim have werewolves. Oblivion, unfortunately, does not.

#5 2013-04-15 18:58:23

FinShaggy
Website

lupinealchemist wrote:

FinShaggy wrote:

lupinealchemist wrote:

Daggerfall, Morrowind and Skyrim have werewolves. Oblivion, unfortunately, does not.

Aw damn. Well I've only heard of Skyrim and Oblivion, and I want to play through both. Maybe the others too smile

#6 2013-04-15 23:09:15

WolfMontana

There are a bunch of werewolf mods for Oblivion that work pretty well, I'd recommend those if you're still playing Oblivion. I think werewolves were handled the best in Morrowind though, out of the 3. Skyrim's werewolves sound and look pretty cool, and the combat animations are super sweet, but are overall rather tame in how you become one, and how you play.

I'm currently using some mods that have made being a werewolf in Skyrim much more fun and unpredictable. I have one that reintroduces the werewolf disease and lets you choose when you'll turn into a werewolf (every night, high chance every night, low chance at certain times, full moon only). Then I have another that spawns some random werewolves in the world. And finally another one that causes you to wolf out when your health gets too low. Love that last one wink

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#7 2013-04-16 09:38:35

lupinealchemist

WolfMontana wrote:

There are a bunch of werewolf mods for Oblivion that work pretty well, I'd recommend those if you're still playing Oblivion. I think werewolves were handled the best in Morrowind though, out of the 3. Skyrim's werewolves sound and look pretty cool, and the combat animations are super sweet, but are overall rather tame in how you become one, and how you play.

I'm currently using some mods that have made being a werewolf in Skyrim much more fun and unpredictable. I have one that reintroduces the werewolf disease and lets you choose when you'll turn into a werewolf (every night, high chance every night, low chance at certain times, full moon only). Then I have another that spawns some random werewolves in the world. And finally another one that causes you to wolf out when your health gets too low. Love that last one wink

I prefer Daggerfall werewolf rules. Forced transformations and bloodlust on full moons except when wearing Hircine's Ring and willed transformations via spell.
There's a Morrowind mod that tweaks werewolves to follow these rules.

#8 2013-04-16 15:22:15

FinShaggy
Website

WolfMontana wrote:

That sounds awesome. I'm not playing oblivion or anything right now, I don't have a  console sad

#9 2013-04-18 15:17:42

lupinealchemist

So I installed Curse of Hircine (oblivion werewolf mod) and I fell in love. The karma stat in werewolf form is nice as well.

#10 2013-04-18 22:27:22

WolfMontana

lupinealchemist wrote:

I prefer Daggerfall werewolf rules. Forced transformations and bloodlust on full moons except when wearing Hircine's Ring and willed transformations via spell.
There's a Morrowind mod that tweaks werewolves to follow these rules.

Oh, I'm a big fan of how Daggerfall did werewolves, outside of that one time I turned into a wereBOAR after being attacked by a wereWOLF. Had to restart my game cause I couldn't stand all that squealing %)  (cue banjos)
However, if you want to play a game that looks like it was made this century, and has a native allowance for werewolves that's cool, and requires that you satisfy bloodlust, then that's Morrowind. That mod you used sounds pretty cool big_smile

I always kinda liked that 256 color graphic of a werewolf from Daggerfall too big_smile It was pretty silly how 'civilians' outside of the towns would just disappear when you swiped at them though. %) All those boosts to your stats in human form were wonderful as well.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

Board footer