The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-15 00:55:03

FinShaggy
Website

Lopez: Of The Wolf

Not many people know this, but the last name "Lopez" means of the wolf and has a very interesting story behind it. I discovered this myself when I was a teenager, researching my family heritage, because my mother's maiden name is Lopez.

The name "Lopez" comes from Native tribes in Mexico. Many of the tribes worshipped the wolf, and the tribes claim that the way that they learned how to be a community... How to be HUMAN, was from watching the wolf packs. They believed (from studying the wolves behavior intensely) that when a wolf ate a deers heart, it received the same experience as a human on Peyote. So the Indians would eat Peyote in reverence to the hunt, and they felt that the wolf hunted for deer heart, the same as they hunt in the desert for Peyote.

There are even tribes that claim they have a special miracle plant that allows them to become wolves for a period of time. They walk on all fours, and the wolves urinate on them, then the person is allowed to run with the wolves. And the wolves give you wolf trinkets, but they are really just playing jokes, because when you come out of the trip, the trinkets the wolves gave you are just cow shite and rocks.

This is not EVERYTHING behind the name Lopez, but it is important to the names creation and meaning. If you can add more, continue the discussion, I will do the same at some point in the future.

#2 2013-04-15 01:01:45

FinShaggy
Website

Re: Lopez: Of The Wolf

Also, I know this wasn't really a "story", but it is the beginning of the story of the Lopez family.

AND, I will also be writing a book that involves werewolves, it's not JUST about them, but they will definitely be important characters.

#3 2013-04-15 08:58:56

The Busboy
Administrator

Very interesting.  I know quite a few people with that last name.  Keep us posted on your book!  And good luck to you with it!

#4 2013-04-15 13:03:03

FinShaggy
Website

The Busboy wrote:

Very interesting.  I know quite a few people with that last name.  Keep us posted on your book!  And good luck to you with it!

Thanks smile

Board footer