The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-23 19:25:14

BlackWolfMarwood

10 real life werewolves stories

#2 2012-04-29 19:48:04

Siverwolf

Re: 10 real life werewolves stories

Err... those were dark times for poor, misunderstood, lycanthropes who were most likely Therian's practicing the dying art of Druidic-like shammanism that was common in those times before the Reformation.  Especially among the celt's.
Although some may have been mentaly disturbed and confused.

Siverwolf.

Homo - Lycanthropus

#3 2013-04-15 22:15:56

FinShaggy
Website

Yeah, I read the first one, I plan on reading all of them. But here's more info on the first one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilles_Garnier
And to me, that sounds like a lady claiming to be a specter gave him what used to be known as a "Werewolf transformation ointment/lotion", but what it really was is a mix of Belladonna, Hemlock, other poisonous hallucinogens and sometimes parsley, which was common, but no one knows why. All extracted into cat fat, so that you didn't have to eat a bunch of plants, and so that their effects were less likely to kill you, since it's just on your skin and not in your digestive system.

But the effects of this "ointment" the specter gave him is common. And my assumption is that since he had recently moved to the woods with his wife, but was not a good hunter yet, he felt a little as if it was "his domain", but as if he couldn't handle it yet. But then when the "witch" gave him the poison lotion, he went into a crazy delirious state and basically thought "I'm a boss!", and when he saw kids he saw "easy prey" and murdered them. Maybe while wearing the pelt of an animal.

Last edited by FinShaggy (2013-04-15 22:16:58)

#4 2013-04-15 22:18:51

FinShaggy
Website

Honestly the next one, the "Greifswald Werewolves", could have been wolves or even just highway burglars that basically took over. Like an ancient "toll" company, that kills you.

Last edited by FinShaggy (2013-04-15 22:19:13)

#5 2013-04-15 22:22:24

FinShaggy
Website

The 3rd one, the Werewolf of Ansbach, actually just sounds like those people REALLY didn't like their mayor, and after he died, they blamed the activity of a regular every day wolf on the dead dude. Then when they killed the wolf the dressed it like they mayor, which means he probably dressed just as douchey as he acted, so they were just making fun of his rich ridiculousness by dressing the wolf like him.

It really just sounds like a town that has true freedom and gets to kill its leaders when it doesn't like them. But I don't think it sounds like a real werewolf.

#6 2013-04-15 22:26:44

FinShaggy
Website

This one is strange, I would like for it to be true and it is the one that is closest so far to being true, the Klein-Krams Werewolf:

In earlier times there were extensive forests rich with game in the vicinity of Klein-Krams, near Ludwigslust, Germany. Great hunts were held in the area by sportsmen who came from all over Germany to test their prowess at bringing down their choice of game. For years, however, the hunters had been stymied by the appearance of a great wolf that seemed impervious to any bullet. Sometimes the beast would taunt them by approaching within easy shooting distance, on occasion even adding to the mockery by snatching a piece of their kill, then dash away without a bullet seeming to come anywhere near it.

Now it happened during one great hunt that one of the participants, a young cavalry officer, was traveling through the village when his attention was captured by a group running and screaming out of a house. Seeing nothing pursuing them that would cause such panic, he stopped one of the youngsters and asked what the matter was. The child told him that no adult from the Feeg family was at home except for their young son. When he was left alone, it was his custom to transform himself into a werewolf and terrorize the neighborhood children. They all ran away when he achieved such a transformation because they didn’t want him to bite them.

The officer was bemused by such wild play of the children’s imaginations, that he assumed they were playing the big bad wolf after the sheep or some game. But then he caught a glimpse of a wolf in the house, and in the next few moments, a small boy stood in its place.

BUT:
1) Back then guns sucked. Who knows if any of those bullets hit that wolf.
2) Those kids may have been hiding a dog or a wolf from their parents or something, and used it to scare the other kids for fun.

BUT:
2 stories in the same region colliding like that, pretty cool.

#7 2013-04-15 22:29:00

FinShaggy
Website

The Werewolf of Pavia sounds like a crazy guy that killed people, and hair growing inward makes no sense. He was just making an excuse for not looking like a wolf. That was a regular human.

#8 2013-04-15 22:31:06

FinShaggy
Website

The Werewolf of Chalons is just a psychopath that killed children. And it sounds like he was good at doing things with the bodies of dead animals from the story, so I'm pretty sure he was just wearing wolf pelt.

#9 2013-04-15 22:33:13

FinShaggy
Website

Claudia Gaillard, Werewolf of Burgundy. Not even sure what to say about this poor lady. Just another witch burned at the stake.

I have a feeling that women were so into womens activism back then, that they were willing to die rather than tell a man that she wasn't magical. That way men would fear women.

#10 2013-04-15 22:35:54

FinShaggy
Website

Michel Verdun, The Werewolf of Poligny.
This one just sounds like any other aspiring witch group arrest. Sacrificing virgins and eating human flesh, they get arrested for "dealing with the devil".

#11 2013-04-15 22:39:21

FinShaggy
Website

I like this one, Benandanti Werewolves:

This case was tried in 1692, Jurgenburg, Livonia, situated in an area east of the Baltic Sea, steeped in werewolf folklore. It involved an 80 year-old man named Thiess.

Thiess confessed being a werewolf, saying his nose had been broken by a man named Skeistan, a witch who was dead at the time he had struck Thiess. According to Thiess’ testimony, Skeistan and other witches were preventing the crops of the area from growing. Their purpose for doing this was to carry the grain into hell. To help the crop to continue to grow, Thiess with a band of other werewolves descended into hell to fight the witches and recover the grain.

The warring of the werewolves and the witches occurred on three nights of the year: Saint Lucia, Pentecost and Saint John (the seasonal changes). If the werewolves were slow in their descent the witches would bar the gates of hell, and the crops, livestock, and even the fish catch would suffer. As weapons the werewolves carried iron bars while the witches used broom handles. Skeistan broke Theiss’ nose with a broom handle wrapped in a horse’s tail.

The judges were astounded by such testimony, for they had naturally supposed the werewolves were agents of the Devil. But now they were hearing the werewolves were fighting the Devil. When asked what became of the souls of the werewolves, Thiess said they went to heaven. He insisted werewolves were the “hounds of Gods” who helped mankind by preventing the Devil from carrying off the abundance of the earth. If it were not for them, all would suffer. He said there were werewolves in Germany and Russia also fighting witches in their own hells.

Thiess was determined in his confession, denying he had ever signed a pact with the Devil. He refused to see the parish priest who was sent for to chastise him, saying that he was a better man than any priest. He claimed he was neither the first nor the last man to become a werewolf in order to fight witches.

Finally the judges, probably out of desperation, sentenced Thiess to ten lashes for acts of idolatry and superstitious beliefs.

BUT:
It's just one guys story... And no one died, or was arrested as evidence for being a wolf. The guy was in trouble for dealing with the devil when he told the story.

#12 2013-04-15 22:41:28

FinShaggy
Website

Jean Grenier
This one sounds like a regular wolf attack, and a guy that wants to be cool so he claimed it was him.

#13 2015-08-08 11:37:40

Wolfborn

In my FAMILY there is a story of a hunter and a werewolf. It starts If the werewolf can out last the hunter he or she can never be harmed ever again. I thought it was crazy talk when I was 15 a man kept following me. My dad told me to get in but the man offered me a ride in his truck. I declined left with dad. He told me never to trust humans but I like the humans. All my friends are human then he went on to tell me about that story. On how his mom and dad left there homeland. They would hope and pray there childern were always safe here.I offten wonder about that day if I had really went what would have happened.Then I say nahh better not go looking where I dont belong. Anyway take care all.Wolfborn

Board footer