The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-07 02:07:45

Dira
Nightwalker werewolf illustrator

Archaeology studies

I have chosen to take archaeology studies after my management. I have always wanted to do it. Didn't get around to it before. But the work I am currently doing is just as dirty as excavation.

Today I have been working with drilling holes with little sharp cutters, powder brush.(brushing it off, and learning different techniques for cleaning edges. The people who sold me their kiln and molds. Told me that I have a talent for having soft touch, great working, steady handling -- so that it can sit in my hands while I work. So I can practice hard work on dolls and then complete the jaw that I have been making for someone who wants a Jack of blades and Bleach mask-- mixture.   The work I do is alot of dust and powder.

I want to talk werewolf mystery and myth

#2 2013-06-07 02:50:55

Dira

Re: Archaeology studies

Thank you jonibanti, I am most interested in learning about myth, King lycion (cursed for eating human flesh). Torn into pieces and hung on a wheel at a church. I have always had a passion for archaeology. Most of all I am using a quill with ink to write. I am use to doing a dirty job.

#3 2013-06-07 07:08:12

Dira

First Level (AGE1003) Modules (Offered in both semesters)

(AGE1501) Module 1: Introduction to archaeology

The scope, aims, and interdisciplinary nature of archaeological research, the nature of the archaeological record, locating and dating archaeological sites, the preservation and recovery of archaeological finds.

(AGE1601) Module 2: The prehistory of South Africa

Earlier and Middle Stone Age inhabitants, the Later Stone Age and the prehistory of the San, Khoekhoe herders at the Cape, the settlement and expansion of Iron Age farming communities, the later prehistory of the Nguni, the Sotho-Tswana and the Venda

Second Level (AGE2006) Modules: Year modules

(AGE2601) Module 1: Archaeological fieldwork techniques and analytical methods

The mapping and surveying of archaeological sites, excavation techniques, the recovery, conservation, classification and analysis of archaeological finds such as stone artefacts, ceramics, metal objects, glass beads, floral and faunal remains.

(AGE2701) Module 2: Archaeology and fossils: the study of human evolution

The theory of evolution, the principles of genetics, biological classification systems, the relation between humans and fossil and modern primates, the fossil evidence for human evolution, including the Australopithecinae, Homo habilis, Homo erectus, the Neandertals, archaic and anatomically modern Homo sapiens.

(AGE2602) Module 3: African archaeology

Africa’s Stone Age heritage and sequence, the emergence of early states in southern Africa (eg. Mapungubwe and Great Zimbabwe), early states in East Africa, ancient Egypt and Nubia.

Third Level (AGE300A) Modules: Year modules

(AGE3701) Module 1: The interpretation of archaeological data

Past and current theoretical perspectives, archaeology and gender studies, ethnoarchaeology and experimental studies, the reconstruction and interpretation of prehistoric economic systems, diets, settlement patterns, social and political organisation and religion, explaining culture change in prehistory.

(AGE3702) Module 2: Applied archaeology: heritage conservation, cultural resource management and archaeotourism

Heritage legislation and conservation, cultural resource management, archaeotourism, contract archaeology, archaeology and education, archaeology and the community, archaeology and the public, archaeology as a profession.

(AGE3703) Module 3: World prehistory

The spread of early human populations throughout the world, the archaeological evidence for the advent and development of food production in various parts of the world, the origin and development of complex societies (cities, states, and civilisations) in, inter alia, Europe, Asia and Mesoamerica.

(AGE3704) Module 4: Prehistoric rock art

Introducing the rock art of Africa, dating and interpreting San rock art, the rock art of southern Africa’s Iron Age farmers, the Upper Palaeolithic art of western Europe, the rock art of Australia and North America.

The things I am going to love to be doing.

#4 2013-06-08 06:43:16

Dira

I am baking a jaw bone and fairy. I am going to go in about 5 hours-- 7pm to the garage for cooling the baking things.

#5 2013-06-11 12:52:59

The Busboy
Administrator

Dira, very interesting, good luck to you with your archaeology studies!

#6 2013-06-15 04:35:35

Dira

Thank you Busboy.

#7 2013-06-17 13:06:04

The Busboy
Administrator

I have always found archaeology to be fascinating.

#8 2013-07-07 02:31:06

Dira

Same here. I however make porcelain dolls. And I am waiting on questions about making them.

Board footer