The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-18 06:19:39

lycanlover

New Novel "Await The Moon" Available

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,                                                                                I want to share with you the publication of my new novel, 'Await The Moon', now available on Amazon. The idea of the story came to me over 20 years ago in a dream. Since then I have been honing my skills as a fiction writer, refleshing the concept of the story, adding scenarios and rewriting, while working and raising a family. I sat down at the computer in the spring of 2007 to 'officially' start the book. It is done now, after many rewrites, much cutting and slashing, and letting it sit for weeks at a time, so I could go in and see the entire story afresh. My purpose in writing this book has been to create a classic, original story in this genre that has always fascinated (and frightened) me since I was a young boy, when my older brother began to keep the poster size face of Lon Chaney, Jr. ('Wolfman' movie, 1941) on a wall in his room, most likely to keep me out. Well, it worked, but I remember on more than one occasion standing in the hallway, in broad daylight, and peering at that scary, unexplainable image and being totally immersed in fear. And though I would go nowhere near it at night, I had on more than one occasion a dream of being in that room and hearing the growls of the monster, and not being able to move. But the dream I had years later wasn't the wolfman intent on killing me; I WAS the beast, running, leaping, filled with the adrenaline that such an experience would bring to our human emotions. I woke in a sweat, and thought 'if I can share what I just felt through words...' In my extreme respect for the subject I have tried to keep the writing as intelligent and descriptive as possible, perhaps leaning towards the literary side. But not just that; I wanted to create a realistic, original story, with real people experiencing the sort of emotions I felt when I first encountered the wolfman as a boy. I can only hope I have done justice to this subject I have come to love over the years. At the very least, I've had noble and honorable intentions, in trying to make it the absolute best novel I had in me.  Thank you for your time. Sincerely, John Robert Jones

Last edited by lycanlover (2013-11-18 08:33:13)

#2 2013-11-18 12:56:05

The Busboy
Administrator

Re: New Novel "Await The Moon" Available

Congratulations to you on your new book release!

To All,
The Kindle edition of the book can be found at this amazon.com link:
http://www.amazon.com/Await-Moon-John-R … t+The+Moon

Board footer