The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#226 2012-07-17 03:00:46

blackjack60
Website

Re: A new "Teen wolf" series

The first series also took a while to get ramped up. While the second series features less werewolfcentric action, I think it's just as tightly written, and has been deftly juggling even more characters and plots. Tonight's episode and last weeks were especially intense.

#227 2012-07-24 13:12:27

Snuhwolf
Website

blackjack60 wrote:

The first series also took a while to get ramped up. While the second series features less werewolfcentric action, I think it's just as tightly written, and has been deftly juggling even more characters and plots. Tonight's episode and last weeks were especially intense.

Indeed. I too had low expectations for the series but its definitly redeemed itself. Last nites episode was a bit deriviative of the Underworld scene where the vampire gets "reanimated" via the blood dripping through the floor. Its got just enough moralizing and psycological twists to keep me watching. And I'm decidedly outside their target demographic. Kudos to the writers, certainly!

#228 2012-08-06 22:18:15

Breukelengirl
Website

I've been watching Season 2 of Teen Wolf and have to say it sucks so greatly. Season 1 was spot on and this season its just mental..in a bad way. anway, I'm still watching it but thats cause im doing some reviews on it...hehe..you can read my reviews/thoughts/drinking game habits on it here http://altijdbreukelen.wordpress.com/2012/07/12/

I'm a Breukelen, Altijd.
http://altijdbreukelen.wordpress.com

#229 2012-08-07 04:03:20

blackjack60
Website

Can't agree with you. Last night's episode was one of the best yet, and even featured a genuine bit of old European werewolf mythology.

#230 2012-08-13 23:16:35

Lycanis

well guys what did you think of tonights episode of teen wolf just wundering your opions on it can't wait to see what happons in season 3 it looks like its going to be good i think.

#231 2012-08-16 23:13:41

WereWolfH

I thought the season finale was STUPID. It definitely didn't connect to th eprevious season's episodes. Okay the granddad was okay with the wife offing herself and then all of a sudden he wants to be a werewolf?

Styles just gettning beat up and then let go?

I'm confused on the "rogue" runaway werewolves. They just up and decided to run away? Why? Why di't they just go home?

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#232 2012-09-07 03:16:16

blackjack60
Website

WereWolfH wrote:

I thought the season finale was STUPID. It definitely didn't connect to th eprevious season's episodes. Okay the granddad was okay with the wife offing herself and then all of a sudden he wants to be a werewolf?

That was his plan all along--he was terminally ill with cancer and needed the bite to stay alive. He was okay with his daughter-in-law offing herself because he didn't actually care about anyone but himself. That said, while season 2 was even more intricately written than the first season, the whole kanima plot ultimately seemed like a distraction. Additionally, MTV doesn't seem to have increased the FX budget, since the Alpha wolf form didn't even show up this season. Let's hope season 3 has better effects and a less freewheeling story arc.

#233 2012-09-08 03:07:30

king2wolves

Yeah. The finale, at least for me, got convoluted; at least, the writing is alot btter than season 1 and better than the one on True Blood. I mean, the TB Were-storyline is boring and all the Weres are still pussified, drug-addicted, rednecks that get their asses kicked constantly on the show.

Last edited by king2wolves (2012-09-08 03:09:30)

#234 2012-09-09 19:39:23

WereWolfH

blackjack60 wrote:

WereWolfH wrote:

That was his plan all along--he was terminally ill with cancer and needed the bite to stay alive. He was okay with his daughter-in-law offing herself because he didn't actually care about anyone but himself. That said, while season 2 was even more intricately written than the first season, the whole kanima plot ultimately seemed like a distraction. Additionally, MTV doesn't seem to have increased the FX budget, since the Alpha wolf form didn't even show up this season. Let's hope season 3 has better effects and a less freewheeling story arc.

Nah, just seems like at the last minute they kept chanigng the scripts. I thought the Kanima was a better storyline than the werewolves vs. werewolves. I also thought the CG was a lot better than the alpha werewolf, but the eyes (which are small CG effects) were still awesome.

Just didn't go for the season finale. I've seen the mom in a lot of stuff, so at least she's doing well!

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#235 2013-02-20 20:10:25

MarkOne
Website

Just read online that the new season will start on June 3rd.

There can be only one. MarkOne. smile

#236 2013-04-15 00:46:12

FinShaggy
Website

Is this show any good?

#237 2013-04-15 23:02:47

WolfMontana

The first season was brilliant big_smile Really, really good. As long as you don't mind mutton chop werewolves. The eyes were well done, and the teeth. And the alpha was fun, even if he was CGI.

Second season went to some weiiiird places, and all of Derek's bad boy mystique kinda vanished. But, here's hoping they reclaim their mojo in the 3rd season.

At least Stiles is still on the show, and the guy behind the character (who's freaking hilarious) is part of the creative team, so that's awesome.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#238 2013-08-24 02:08:44

mrRW

Pretty cool transformation for Deucalion in the season 3 mid-season finale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue6wF2DlFCA

Last edited by mrRW (2013-08-24 02:09:50)

#239 2013-08-24 10:49:34

WolfMontana

Yeah, that was interesting big_smile Loved how her power just bounced off of him, and how Scott basically fell over when the dude roared at him. That's one thing I've always appreciated in this series - how they've handled an alpha or superior bringing the lower ranked wolves in line. Good stuff.

However, I'm getting to the end of my ability to watch this show. The first season was brilliant, the second was lizardmanwtf? and this third has been an overblown self-inflated plot pretzel.

And I totally miss the old alpha, CGI and all. SIDEBURNS DO NOT A WEREWOLF MAKE.

#240 2013-08-24 18:00:19

NightSlash

Personally my big issue with this show is how most of the male villains get away or get resurrected whereas all the female villains just die and stay dead; it's getting pretty obnoxious, especially Gerard Argent, why the hell is that guy still alive?

But yeah, I wish they would bust out that old alpha form again, either as CGI or the KNB makeup they used for close-ups. Though the next half of the season is supposed to deal with kitsune from Japanese mythology, which I'm curious to see how they handle that. I'd love to see a wendigo, personally.

#241 2013-08-24 22:22:43

WolfMontana

Ooh, Wendigo would be lovely big_smile

#242 2013-08-25 14:02:06

mrRW

Well, It will be interesting to see what they do w/Peter Hale as it would seem he is coming back into the alpha scene...

I do kinda wish they'd built on images like this:

http://tvrecappersanonymous.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/ep-7-alpha-gym.png?w=500&h=281

Last edited by mrRW (2013-08-25 14:04:44)

#243 2013-08-25 21:58:00

lupinealchemist

So Scott's an alpha now, unfortunately they killed the original alpha concept so little has changed.
When I saw Deucalion I immediately thought of Resident Evil.

#244 2013-08-26 10:13:55

WolfMontana

mrRW wrote:

Well, It will be interesting to see what they do w/Peter Hale as it would seem he is coming back into the alpha scene...

I do kinda wish they'd built on images like this:

http://tvrecappersanonymous.files.wordp … &h=281

That's all I'm asking! big_smile Give us an actual werewolf with our werewolf show. I'm digging the eyes, the teeth, the half way thing they've got going, time to push the envelope.

I mean, first season, it was pretty clearly stated that alphas were monsters, betas were the forms we've seen since then exclusively and was it... omegas were the full wolves? Love for them to explore this a little more.

I know they're trying to keep their actors recognizable and 'lovable', but... I'm getting twitchy here. big_smile

#245 2013-10-07 01:33:20

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

I'm so happy this site seems to approve of TW. I'm not sure what I expected of it back when I first heard about it, but I watched the premiere, and ended up loving it.

Although season two was a bit weak (lack of werewolf story), three made up for it greatly. My only beef is what I'm sure most of you also have, that they need more WOLF in Teen Wolf. Although if they did it'd probably be more cheap CGI (though with a television series budget I'm not really expecting masterpieces). Looking forward to season four though!

"Man is not a beast. Compared to man, beast are angels. Do they kill their own for the sake of killing?
Do they worship Satan? Man wrecks, and ravages, and calls the devil. But unlike beasts, and unlike angels...
Man can cry, and confess, and repent. Change, and begin again. GIVE THE DEVIL HELL!"

#246 2013-10-09 00:15:07

blackjack60
Website

The producer Jeff Davis has been asked about the absence of the genuine alpha a few times and his answers have been rather frustrating. He claims they don't have the budget for the CGI alpha, which is odd since they had the budget for it in season one, but I suppose the larger cast and increased episode load have eaten some money. But it's still frustrating.

#247 2014-01-19 23:07:35

WolfMontana

Hmm. Just watched the first episode after the Christmas break. I was actually happily surprised. Really really enjoying Scott's wrestling with the alpha side - LOVED THE WEREWOLF SHADOW stuff, and Stiles' challenges feel incredibly real and freaky. Not impressed with the obvious love triangles they're about to introduce, but eh.

And what the hey. Derek and the old alpha chained to a fence, half naked being electrocuted. What is going on there?

And werecoyotes! Yay!

#248 2014-04-07 17:23:51

The Busboy
Administrator

There are now Teen Wolf themed conventions called "Days of the Wolf", you can find out more about the conventions and when and where they are on the convention's website at www.creationent.com

Board footer