The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-31 00:01:00

willrhodes4

The Beast of Bray Road

The creature's first sightings were first reported in the late 1980s and early 1990s on a rural road outside of ElkHorn, Wisconsin. Originally the local newspaper(the Walworth County Week) assigned reporter Linda Godfrey to cover the story of the beast. She was skeptical at first, but eventually she believed in the sincerity of the many witnesses. It was described as a as a bear-like creature(that was about 2-4ft.tall on all fours and about 7ft. tall standing upright on its hind legs) or as an intelligent wolf-like creature apt to walk on its hind legs and weighing 400-700 pounds. Authorities have come up with several theories as to what it was that people had been seeing. Some of their suggestions were that it was a wolfdog, coydog, or a waheela(giant prehistoric wolf)

Man is the real beast

#2 2010-02-04 14:21:08

The Busboy
Administrator

Re: The Beast of Bray Road

Here's a link to books about the beast:
http://www.beastofbrayroad.com/

#3 2010-02-16 19:08:28

Minty

Ooh! I heard of this a few years ago.  Very interesting, though it seems to largely be kept out of the media these days. I doubt it's less a conspiracy than skeptics just chalking it up to more "National Enquirer Bat Boy" stories.

Definitely need to bone up on that info.

EDIT: Oh, Dear God! The pun! I'm so very, very sorry, everyone. . . XD

Last edited by Minty (2010-02-16 19:09:00)

"They flee from me, that sometime did me seek/With naked foot stalking within my chamber./Once have I seen them gentle, tame, and meek/That now are wild and do not once remember/That sometime they have put themselves in danger/To take bread at my hand; and now they range,/Busily seeking in continual change."--Thomas Wyatt, The Lover Showeth How He Is Forsaken of Such as He Sometime Enjoyed

#4 2010-08-31 09:24:33

Mitch01
Rising Angel

could be a hybrid... just like the hybrid dog that's up in Maine. Monster Quest did a segment on the "werewolf" that's in Maine and Wisconsin.  it could be a possiobility that it could be 7 ft tall but then gain when u see something out of the ordinary, u panic and overexaggerate.  Also, i forget the name of the experiment, when ur driving on a dark road and see "something" in the woods that supposedly the object looks bigger when further away...

lets not forget the beast in budapest? i think, don't remember but back in the early 1800 or later, there was a mass killing of babies and cattle, come to find out that someone went to africa and smuggled a hyena.  at that time, no one knew what was a hyena. 

personally, i wouldn't mind if there was a werewolf or werewolves on our planet but with the way humans are and how they over react to something supernatural, maybe it's best that these, creatures, stay in hiding.

i wasn't designed to handle the worst and i'm not convinced that loving someone is worth it...

#5 2011-10-12 22:23:26

UNIversial666

I live in Wisconsin and i was thinking about taking a couple of my friends and going to Elkhorn for halloween to see if we run into anything

#6 2013-08-02 11:13:46

The Busboy
Administrator

#7 2014-05-08 13:04:43

WolfVanZandt
Website

Could be - there's the issue of the big Coydogs running around the US. And I have seen dogs who have developed the trick off walking comfortably on their hind legs.

I wouldn't say that dogs are morons - they're basically neotenous wolves. Some of them, though........some of them are definitely atavisms.

#8 2014-07-28 10:48:17

Ragna Moonlight

I'm reading Linda Godfrey's book "Real Wolfmen".

#9 2014-08-03 15:04:41

WolfVanZandt
Website

Heh, I've read that one - she talks a little about my last neighborhood...

smile

#10 2014-08-04 11:32:10

Ragna Moonlight

Wisconsin is full of sightings. It's got to be an interesting place to visit for my holidays.

#11 2014-08-04 14:38:42

WolfVanZandt
Website

Hmmmm.......if you're going to visit the Beast, you might be disappointed. There's only one of him (or, maybe just a small family) and if you don't hit it just right, all you're going to find is spoor. Of course, you might howl him up.

Or, are you planning to do some other fun stuff there (cheese tasting?) or visit family? There are actually some rather pretty landscapes.

It actually seems to be one of the least Were populated states. Maybe that's why the Big Guy likes it so much - he doesn't have much competition. I know of four who lives up there and about the same number in neighboring Michigan compared to about 25 in North Carolina and about 75 in Colorado. The Pacific Northwest also seems to have thriving population

Board footer