The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-01 05:06:22

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

I am alive.

I've been gone a long time. Divorce, injuries, an autoimmune disease and a roller coaster full of ups and downs have brought me back to the basics.  Physically I have a very long road to recovering from surgeries and in general just being sick.  My military service has resulted in getting stabbed of all things...and blown up, the result of which has lead to debilitating headaches and a speech impediment that I struggled with since 2009.  I however, never forgot my writing, which is always an up.  The first audience I ever had outside of table top gaming with a group and outside of my teachers in high school, fellow students was all of you. 

So what happened to my writing, the  books and so on?

Well, Blood Bounty was indeed published by "PublishAmerica" or a subsidiary house thereof who took me for a messed up ride, they sold more than 30,000 copies of the book for which I saw less than 4 thousand dollars.  I sued, mostly to get my book and publishing rights back. I spent a lot more money than what I had ever made to begin with in writing.  I have an out of print copy of the book somewhere but I've decided Grey will be put to bed until I can come up with a three novel story arc which years later I still have not done.  Also I cannot as per settlement agreement republish Blood Bounty for seven years from original publishing date.  (That actually expires this year)

My work is still on fictionpress.  I am also under a similar name on fanfiction.  My work can be found in Wizard Magazine way way back in 2005, August I believe.  Aaliyah is still alive in "The literary Universe for which I have birthed".  On top of that I pushed a few boundaries with my latest work about a Transgendered police narcotics detective.  That book turned into two books...in other words it did unintentionally bring back my focus with what started as an exercise in connecting a difficult character to a reader.  I have never typed it up, the whole thing was hand written on 1151 legal pad sheets of paper.  This is my latest work and a local company called Mirror Publishing has those two books right now.  They have shown great interest in Aaliyah and Grey, having read them on my fictionpress account.  I believe she said something to the affect. "These characters will not die on a hard drive or in a drawer." 

For the purposes of this forum I am choosing to revive Aaliyah's story, she was far better progressed a character in such a short time than I had ever done with Grey.  I am going to rewrite her story, live as it comes off the pen so to speak for you all to see.  I am asking for some help and support, I lost interest in writing about werewolves for a long time and a couple publishers simply told me....werewolves were just too hard of a break out market, they didn't sell.  I wrote my TG character like she was Jack Reacher, a calm and collected badass who laid waste to everything she came across and that really perked up everyone who read her story.  A tragic character with a myriad of mental issues.  Sadly, outside of sharing a chapter or two here I cannot show you guys that novel for contractual reasons.    Anyways, before I digress too much let me just say I want your help. Help me develop Aaliyah into someone not just us werewolf fans can appreciate.  Critique me, tell me im doing good, bad or ugly. (Ignore my spelling, I have an editor for that) 

And for those of you who don't know me, my stories are floating around here somewhere...read up, read up on fictionpress, read about my selected universe of werewolves oh-my.

Author of Blood Bounty, Wolf's Release V2, Man Eaters (incomplete), Aaliyah (in progress), Offer (short story), Hide (short story, published in Wizard), writer for an upcoming webcomic/graphic novel series featuring Aaliyah. 

One of these days I'm going to solicit my work for publishing, it's just that my work is pure and a publishing company needs to be reasonable with content editing...

#2 2014-09-04 13:27:16

The Busboy
Administrator

Re: I am alive.

WELCOME BACK, you've been missed!  Sorry to hear of your bad news as of late, but so glad to hear that you got some of your works published!  That is fantastic!  Do you sell any autographed copies of your books online anywhere?

#3 2014-09-05 04:44:19

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

I do plan to tour locally only since it would be on my own dime.  Later on, if the publisher "likes" me then I might tour later books.

Author of Blood Bounty, Wolf's Release V2, Man Eaters (incomplete), Aaliyah (in progress), Offer (short story), Hide (short story, published in Wizard), writer for an upcoming webcomic/graphic novel series featuring Aaliyah. 

One of these days I'm going to solicit my work for publishing, it's just that my work is pure and a publishing company needs to be reasonable with content editing...

#4 2014-09-05 12:27:31

The Busboy
Administrator

Keep us posted here, and let us know how to order autographed copies when they are available.

#5 2014-09-05 14:25:15

Zage_the_winged_werewolf
witty & controversial
Website

Welcome back. big_smile

Whenever you see a raven or a crow, just remember, that that's me, watching you.

I have a dick, there for, I am a MALE!!!!!!!

#6 2014-09-10 03:06:29

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

Thank you!  And Zage am I to guess that your avatar is from second life?

#7 2014-09-10 04:06:23

Zage_the_winged_werewolf
witty & controversial
Website

Close, it's from IMVU.

Whenever you see a raven or a crow, just remember, that that's me, watching you.

I have a dick, there for, I am a MALE!!!!!!!

#8 2014-09-10 08:47:51

Dira
Nightwalker werewolf illustrator

Hello AGW HOw are you today? I'm a writer aswell and is looking for more readers and a reliable south african publisher somewhere I can get some money to support me and to pay which ever needs be paid.

#9 2014-10-14 01:02:34

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

It's hard, I've been trying for nearly ten years.  I finally decided heck with it I will try local publishers.

#10 2014-10-18 03:22:09

WolfVanZandt
Website

Hey! Let me know if you're ever in the Denver area. (I moved)

#11 2014-10-18 03:24:53

Dira
Nightwalker werewolf illustrator

Hi check out my recent art thread ^_^

#12 2014-11-03 10:11:53

AlphaGammaWolfie

Welcome back  AGW!

Cut time: When everyone plays twice as fast as you.

Board footer