The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Therianthropy
  •  » Could you have an alter-ego thats a wolf? Or am I just crazy....?

#1 2009-04-29 22:42:28

DebbieJason

Could you have an alter-ego thats a wolf? Or am I just crazy....?

I've known for awhile now that theres 'someone' else within me....well two some ones. I think ones an anthropormorphic goddess and the other a wolf. They 'control' certain asspects of my personality and the left and right sides of my body...Is this possible or should I see a shrink?

#2 2009-04-29 23:52:34

WolfVanZandt
Website

Re: Could you have an alter-ego thats a wolf? Or am I just crazy....?

Well, how much does it interfere with your daily life. If the answer is "a lot", you might should see a shrink. If the answer is, "not much," save your money for something important.

Some Therians experience their therianthropy as a frank multiple personality disorder. That was certainly my case. Most of the time it wasn't much of a problem. The time that it became a problem, I figured out a solution and didn't need help.

#3 2009-04-30 10:35:33

bdk336
Website

if they control the left and right sides of your body then I would say they are directly associated with, and control/form a large part of, the two hemispheres of your brain. The left side of the brain controls logic, linear thought and skills such as math and is also used to move the right side of your body. Conversely the right hemisphere is more focused upon passion, instinct, creativity and abstract thought and controls the left side of your body, I'm willing to be that the "entity", or whatever you want to call it, that controls the right side is more logical while the one controlling the left side is more instinctive (not going too far out there to say that the one controlling the left side is probably the wolf). If you want to know more about this I'd be happy to share what I know.

#4 2009-04-30 23:09:31

WolfVanZandt
Website

Not necessarily. The motor functions "cross over". In other words, the left (intuitive) side of the brain controls the right side of the body, and vice versa.

but it doesn't have to be a disconnect in the brain. There are other rare instances of an alter controlling only a particular part of the body - for instance an alter might only express itself through one hand. It's not particularly localized in the brain but the key is that that particular hand meant something (it did something the person wasn't very happy about).

#5 2009-05-01 08:54:20

bdk336
Website

Umm. not sure how that conflicts with what I said, I'm just saying that it sounds very likely that they are associated to the sides of the brain if they are also associated to sides of the body.

#6 2009-05-01 09:44:51

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

I'm marking this to be moved to the section, because it's closer to that.
I'm not sure this is true therianthropy that you are describing, sounds more like some otherkin type when you start taling about "anthropomorphic goddess" spirits inside of you.  However, the fact that you are specifically saying "control aspects of my personality" shoots up a few flags saying it could be therianthropy you are describing.  On the other paw though, you are talking about them as separate beings, which is not therianthropy.  Please, give us more info, this is interesting and we might be able to help you.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#7 2009-05-02 22:25:06

DebbieJason

Thanks for the info...Strangly it's opposite for what bdk said. My right side is more 'wolfy' then my left. I am deffinatly affected by the moon phases in some ways whether that has anything to do with it... It all started like three years ago when I went through a deep phase of depression but it has grown alot since then and right now the wolfish side of me has been a lot 'stronger'. It seems to be conected to my emotions while the antro goddess is more my creative/artistic side. Also about the sides, my right side is very sensitive but my left side hardly reacts at all...

Last edited by DebbieJason (2009-05-02 22:26:11)

#8 2009-05-05 14:37:24

bdk336
Website

Ok well the wolf thing was just a guess, but the important thing is that your right side (of the body not the brain) is connected with logic and left side with creativity. Also how much less sensitive is your left side? Because if you notice the difference alot without really thinking about it, it could mean something that is actually wrong with the connection between the right brain and the body. Not trying to scare you or anything but just that if there is a very noticeable difference in the sensitivity of each side of the body it usually points to some sort of neural health issue, an extreme example being stroke.

#9 2009-05-05 19:46:42

DebbieJason

Well its more like my right side is ticklish but my left isnt and stuff like that...i still have feeling though^-^

#10 2009-05-05 20:43:49

bdk336
Website

Ok just checking, yeah that kind of thing is normal, I have a tendency to explore just about every possibility I can think of  when someone says anything they've noticed.

#11 2009-05-12 20:43:56

DebbieJason

Ok thanks ^-^

#12 2015-06-04 23:22:50

ElLoboDelMundo
Website

Do NOT see a shrink.

I have for a long time been interested in schizophrenia as a possible explanation of my wolf interests and connection.  Long story short, I do not believe schizophrenia is a disease, but a reaction by rare true humans to an.irrational world.

I believe normal humans have two distinct minds, one for dealing with intimate aspects of our lives, the other for dealing with aspects outside our inrimate circle of family and others very close to us (all in a natural perspective, not todays "society" mind you.)

I had long thought I might be schizophrenic but never exhibited the telltale symptoms, othsr than a fantastic desire to be a wolf.  And after finally regaining my lifes remaining memories this past week, realize that I am indeed endowed sith two functioning minds
  Sadly, my natural, intimate mind, my wolf side, has no one to be intimate.with and never has.  That is probably why I do not test out as schizophrenic, but I cannot be certain.  Of course, these are merely theories...

I am crazy however, by the measure of society.  I am quite proud to be called crazy by a society that believes itself master of the same planet it is destroying.

A wolf has no mirror.  The only reflection I see is in the faces of those I affect, good or bad.  I make it a point to always remain beautiful in this measure only.

#13 2015-06-05 05:00:30

WolfVanZandt
Website

Most "mental disorders" have a "normal" function. For instance, when something traumatic happens to you, depression is part of the healing process. Anxiety is certainly normal when there's something to be anxious about. It's when those buttons in the brain get stuck "on" and you feel things for no reason that it becomes a problem. I don't know why schizophrenia would be the only disorder that doesn't have a "eufunctional" counterpart and I suspect that shamanism is that eufunctional counterpart. Weres tend to have shamanic and shamanistic experiences and so I'm not surprised when they report schizophrenia-like experiences. I repeat, though, that the key is whether or not things are interfering with your ability to enjoy life and to meet personal goals.

I agree with ElLobo - considering how screwed up society is, I wouldn't want to be caught trying to conform to it.

#14 2015-06-05 06:01:43

ElLoboDelMundo
Website

Excellent point.  I recommend "Hombre Mirando al Sudeste," I believe its in the public domain.so you can legally torrent it.  It basically demonstrates that the mentally ill are sane and participants in capitalism are not.

Anyone who can truly step.outside of the system.could see that reality.

Also, research online the global distribution of schizophrenia, and you should see it almost perfectly correlates to how industrialized a society is.

A wolf has no mirror.  The only reflection I see is in the faces of those I affect, good or bad.  I make it a point to always remain beautiful in this measure only.

#15 2015-06-06 01:18:33

WolfVanZandt
Website

smile
Indeed. I'm a psychologist. There are quite a few that question the modern ideas of insanity.

#16 2015-06-06 14:26:15

ElLoboDelMundo
Website

Download and watch "Hombre Mirando al Sudeste.

#17 2015-06-07 03:56:18

WolfVanZandt
Website

I'll check it out.

• Index
  •  » Therianthropy
  •  » Could you have an alter-ego thats a wolf? Or am I just crazy....?

Board footer