The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-23 09:46:34

werewolfdoctor

Physical Shifting

Hi there!  I'd like to hear if any of you have experienced physical shifts and how they happened.  I'm trying to do so myself. 

Do you find them to be small changes, or larger too?  Are any of these 8 images possible in real life? 

http://i.imgur.com/RbmhGas.jpg

#2 2015-09-24 22:02:48

WolfVanZandt
Website

Re: Physical Shifting

I've been all around the Were community and I haven't run into any "movie shifts". Historically, Weres shifted by projecting a second self (if solid, called a "tulpa"). I've had pseudoshift where by body tries to conform to my phantom body. It's unpleasant and unpractical.

#3 2015-09-24 23:19:23

werewolfdoctor

As much as I respect your opinion, WolfVanZandt, I happen to believe that these types of shifts are indeed possible.  So to anyone reading this, do you have first-hand experience with any of these?

#4 2015-09-25 17:05:54

WolfVanZandt
Website

And I'm very interested in the possibility of the shifts. I don't discount that, so I'm also interested in why you believe in the possibility. Would you mind going into the evidence you have?

#5 2015-10-04 20:26:32

werewolfdoctor

Absolutely, but not here.  Email me.

#6 2015-11-24 04:38:39

Slayer

A little late, but there are 2 unfortunate innate abilities that slayers have, or at least in my family/clan. The first of which is what we affectionately refer to as "slayer eye" we can see what you are all the time, it takes conscious effort to "turn it off" (My Oma is still livid that the TV show Grimm uses it and shows it incorrectly. "That's not how that works!! Why on earth would it ever be turned off?! ... Good Lord that man is an idiot!! WHO USES THAT MODEL OF A CROSSBOW?! No one sane that's who!" Bearing in mind she's an elegant, sweet, normally very reserved 90 year old lady) Its not limited to detecting non humans, we can see whether or not the person we're speaking with has ill intentions, see if they're possessed etc. It comes in handy more often than you'd think.

The other is less well studied, being around us typically makes weird changes happen to the non human were interacting with. Long term, like in my husband's case, the effects are permanent, short term usually wears off in a week or so. The current thought is that because we exist simultaneously both here and on the Astral plane; as in I don't have to project, I can see, hear and interact with both planes at once, that we open a door to that energy. To us it's everyday living, but for everyone else it's that tipping point.

Since we gotten together my husband's canines have grown, and gotten sharper, his hair and nails grow ridiculously fast his ears are pointed and slowly getting hairier. Which is all fine and dandy except slayers are just humans with a few extras. So when he decides to nibble at the nape of my neck it's usually a coordinated effort not to draw blood.

Sex is usually his biggest trigger, which is understandable considering how vulnerable each party is.

The only difficult part is my husband is very very much aware that's he's different. He's formed a pack as a "birthday present" for me, but he's not fully awake and aware, so it's difficult to outright talk to him about anything. Or point out the obvious physical shifts.

Your friendly neighborhood slayer!

#7 2015-11-24 18:34:57

WolfVanZandt
Website

Weres tend to be empathic enough to sense what's going on in other peoples' minds. They can sense when someone else is different and why. That might change their behavior.

Slayers are sorta out of vogue because there just isn't that much need anymore. They were more a part of the Inquisition in the past and even the Catholic Church has generally recognized that that was a big mistake in the long run (or, at least officially). There is still an Inquisition, but they don't burn people at the stake anymore (that's usually illegal in most of the world).

Slayers were recruited for certain traits and I suspect that those traits were what I have called in other places "atavisms". There is a lot of similarities between sapien atavists and Neanderthal Weres. They both retain "wildness".

#8 2015-11-25 02:43:25

Slayer

To be 110% frank, I'm super rude to the Catholic slayers. The few that I went to school with threatened to crash my husband's bachelor party and our wedding. Thankfully that was just hot air. I did get card from one of them with a super nasty note tucked inside, I didn't finish it just tossed it in the fire.

They're mean, and have 0 respect for people, otherkin or not. BUT I'm 25 and been an "active" slayer since I was 5 so that's not a long time or enough interactions with the Catholics to fully form an opinion.

For our family our roots start around 600A.D. We're Scandinavian for the most part with an Irish last name. The myth goes; since most of the original texts have been burned or ruined in some fashion, that the founder of our family was a woman. She was told that she'd be marrying some guy instead of being a shield maiden. So naturally she runs away and hides in the woods, by happenstance she wandered into some pack's territory. She set up camp and was ambushed, however because of her skills she was able to "win". It's said that for whatever reason; most of us assume by a 1 in a million chance she had "slayer eye", she didn't kill the wolf that attacked her, instead she said "You're an ass, show your face"

She eventually married him and their children ended up having more "slayer" dominant genes. So instead of being able to phase they had the sense of smell, ability to sense others etc.

Edit:

My mother's generation refused schooling for the most part, which means we have 3000+ people who have the abilities, but have chosen to seek out ways of getting rid of them. My mother wrestled with that a lot, and after I was born got rid of almost everything. Oma and Opa were livid, so they wrote her out of the one of succession to the throne. (Its not that impressive, there's not a lot of us and no of the folks in my generation are either not having children or not able to, so we're seeing a negative population growth.) So now that Oma is 90, she's stepped down and passed that on to me. My little sister pitches the biggest fit over that at family get togethers, usually because my mother has something mean to say to me.

Last edited by Slayer (2015-11-25 03:34:15)

Your friendly neighborhood slayer!

Board footer