The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-15 13:08:13

devilhound
Hell Hound

I'm baaack

After an almost year-long hiatus from this site, I'm finally back.

Hail The Father Of Machines,
May We Enlighten The Ignorant,
May We Empower The Weakling
And May We Purify The Unclean.

#2 2015-11-16 04:41:14

Slayer

Re: I'm baaack

Hello!

I've not 110% sure if we've met before, I recently came back after a very long break as well!

I should probably formally introduce myself, I'm Slayer! I've been married(quite happily) to a werewolf for 5 years. This year's anniversary gift was a pack, my husband went a little over the top and claimed the title of Alpha. It's been an interesting adjustment.

This may be overreaching, but I noticed you said roots of Yggdrasil, can I make the assumption that you're also a follower of Asatru?

Your friendly neighborhood slayer!

#3 2015-11-18 20:49:25

devilhound
Hell Hound

You know something, I don't really know which of the norse faiths I belong to as of yet, still kind of searching for one for me.

#4 2015-11-19 02:03:28

Slayer

In that case fellow Norse man, I'd definitely look up Hilmar Örn Hilmarson. In the late 1970's he an a small group of other Icelanders rekindled the faith. They've grown to 2000 members and as of last year have started to rebuild the temples to the Old Gods.

My husband and I are hoping that by the time we renew our vows that we can do so in Frigga's temple! Or at the very least have Hilmar be our officiant!

I've also noticed that anyone who follows the Asatru folk assembly, mentions the American Stephen McNallen, they're basically looking covering up some form of racism, or neo Nazism. BUT. I'm still new to this as well, in my area of Washington state there's a pagan pride festival. I had hoped to go but fell ill day of.

#5 2015-11-19 02:20:30

devilhound
Hell Hound

Will definitely look him up, and good luck on your vows. That is definitely awesome. And I'm not a very social person... severe social anxiety and all that, but gods willing, I'll get over it someday.

#6 2015-11-19 03:20:29

Slayer

I chuckled loud enough to wake my shooting husband! I have social anxiety too, and a pretty gnarly case of nyctophobia. I'm not sure if it fits the correct description of irony, but my husband being a werewolf, so creature of the night, is about all I can handle. LOL

I've found that Eir, she's not part of the Vanir or Æsir, but she's still a goddess of healing is super helpful to pray to. I have a tendency to get rather passionate about this subject, so if this is too much let me know! And I can back away!

Eir is quite helpful and depending on your gender, Freya or her twin Freyr usually are better about offering strength to conquering personal issues than anyone else. Or at least in my experience that's how it's gone down!

Also don't worry about Valhalla too much, there are 3 places you can go when you die and they're SUPER specific. The first is Valhalla, you must die in combat, honorably and in close to perfect health.

Then there's Folkvang, it's basically a spot for people who were brave, honest and honoured the Gods and ancestors, but weren't warriors. They will help Vidar restart the universe. An example would be me, I'm NOT a warrior. But I am I'm school to be a nurse and eventual OBGYN. So I'd be useful in post Ragnarok life.

Then there's Helheim, you go there if you're a true coward, or just an overall bad person.

#7 2015-11-19 03:32:29

devilhound
Hell Hound

I'm a martial artist, so I think I might classify as a warrior. But it's like 3:30 here, so I'm gonna head to bed. Thank you very much for your help, though.

#8 2015-11-22 05:09:19

Slayer

Sweet! I'm a bit jealous of martial artists, mostly for the coordination skills.

And I promise I'm not profiling, but what kind of wolf are you? Do you have a pack?

#9 2015-11-23 10:51:13

devilhound
Hell Hound

I do not have a pack just yet, been looking though. And I don't know... Lately, I've just been feeling lost.

#10 2015-11-24 02:27:44

Slayer

I know the feeling, in most of the areas of my life I'm 99% put together have have a game plan. BUT for my birthday this year my "gift" was "SURPRISE! I formed a pack!!"

My response was "Uhhh, OK, .... I'm not sure what to do with that, but thank you!!"

Literally have no idea what I'm doing half the time.  I know I'm not supposed to say I feel lost, but I do! Thankfully my husband isn't that into tradition, so it's not as stark of a contrast for what I'm used to. It also helps that we have a wide variety of non humans, that and my beta (still getting used to saying that) is super helpful!

We're open to new members still, but no pressure!!

Growing up we were taught the barest of basics, mostly so we don't appear rude and have some idea of how to interact when we're assigned to sort out disputes. (Least favorite job as a slayer, it's nifty because you get to learn about their traditions and what not. But it's mind numbingly boring, my absolute least favorite is when I'm called in for one of our allies. The elders are usually so long winded it's hard to stay awake.) But playing non biased negotiator and being a Luna are wildly different. It's fun and I'm getting super attached, but still difficult.

If it's not too personal, what's been happening in your neck of the woods?

#11 2015-11-24 20:17:53

devilhound
Hell Hound

Nothing good aside from me moving into my own place next month. My cousin's kids are driving me crazy to the point where I don't know what I'll do if I have to stay another month.

#12 2015-11-25 03:19:13

Slayer

That's usually about as crappy as being handed a screaming teething baby with the flu! You can't comment or do anything about the kid without looking like a dick.

(Semi related note)My husband's cousin lived with us for a year and some change. We'd said we'd take her in after her mother pulled some serious crap.

However, she turned out to the the type of gamer that never leaves their room, cleans or does anything unless you jump down their throat about it. In July we said "F*ck it, you want to live with your sort of bf so bad, here take this and we'll literally pay you to fly over to where he is."

And half of her crap is still here, and she refuses to speak to us. No idea why, but she wants us to still keep her things. Which if I ever hear her voice again I'll probably go a little insane and flip a table.

#13 2015-11-25 04:29:24

devilhound
Hell Hound

Damn... that does suck quite a bit.

Board footer