The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Therianthropy
  •  » Embarrassing moments: When has your animal side got you in trouble?

#126 2011-02-18 04:32:18

thewerepanther
night crawler of the ice

Re: Embarrassing moments: When has your animal side got you in trouble?

get back to topic thats what i meant

the frozen were froze by me
by basts side i fight set and any demons who opsse us
私の中でパンサー。だけでなく、任意の獣類誇りリーダー

#127 2011-02-18 13:43:44

Randomwolf42
Random Wolf [Moderator]
Website

......that was completely unnecessary then...

Back on topic now, at the moment I can't think of anything particularly embarrassing at the moment, but I do shift at school quite a bit. I can usually keep a pretty good control of things though. I'm shifted right now, in fact... and at school, typing this while I've checked that nobody's looking. For embarrassing moments though, well, I guess sometimes I growl a bit when I'm given an assignment I really (and I mean really) don't want to do, and I have gotten weird looks before. Also there was that one time in greenhouse class, when we went to do the garden at someone's house, and I was pretty shifted when we were digging the weeds up...

#128 2011-02-28 17:22:40

TheGremlin
Wolf across the Pond

Wow...reading what you've put there Random just blew my mind a bit...like trying to divide by zero tongue I forget that not all shifts are the same as mine (I believe the world revolves around me I think smile) - it was the concept of you typing, whilst you are shifted that threw me. When I've had shifts...I couldn't press the keys one by one, let alone create coherent messages!

As for an on-topic slice of cake:

I went through a 'dry spell' ...not having any shifts for a while. Then on a day where I'd invited a friend over, and him, me, and 2 other friends (who have seen me go through a shift) were just hanging out in my other friends room...I ended up having a quite sudden mental shift in front of them all. I didn't do anything too embarrassing during it thankfully (ate some food we had with us, tried searching the litter bin, usuals for me) but it was just the fact it was in front of someone who hadn't seen that before. Luckily the friend in question knew about me being a wolf therian ...just not that particular aspect! Alls well and good though!

Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year

#129 2011-03-01 06:06:52

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

He's had his hands paw-up on him before: I was there making fun of him.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#130 2011-03-01 06:09:06

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

I'm a therian-in-denial, I don't like being unusual and different to everybody else. Personally I know I try to repress my shifts all the time. So when they happen its usually when I'm alone and comfortable for them to happen. The rest of the time I keep my animal side under a pretty tight rein and it only emerges in my art or dreams. I know it's bad and unhealthy but unfortunately I can't help it. Its the culture I grew up in, you don't experience abnormal feelings.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#131 2011-03-01 12:53:18

thewerepanther
night crawler of the ice

mental shifted one time in art started prowl and pounced on my friend

the frozen were froze by me
by basts side i fight set and any demons who opsse us
私の中でパンサー。だけでなく、任意の獣類誇りリーダー

#132 2011-03-07 17:10:03

CassieRose
Website

I used to bite people when I was angry >.< I growl sometimes, not as much as I used to. I also seem to find myself on all fours when I'm alone.

#133 2011-04-04 17:38:19

Adanvdowaya
Spry One

Yea so im in the army and anyone who knows anything about the army knows you dont mess with nco's or sergeants as most people know them.. Well i growled at one today but very luckily he didnt hear and only my gunner did.... He looked very concerned haha very funny though

Trusting instinct has far more success than reasoning smile

#134 2011-04-10 17:55:26

RedMoonstruck

Up until I was about sixteen or seventeen I would growl openly at people, show my teeth and everything. Apparently I was convincing enough to actually startle my friends. I seldom had people laugh at me because of it. Lots of weird looks though. tongue I still have the urge even today, but I've learned to repress it, like a lot of my...tendencies. Like ShadyHowl, I, too, was raised to believe that such behavior is inappropriate and weird. And I'd have to admit, being a 26-year-old woman, it would be kinda freaky. lol

I'm also very funny about smells and don't like it when people, even friends, sit on my bed, or the blankets I use to curl up with on the couch. I've offended some of them because of this which has been embarrassing for me. I'm the only one I know that has a nose as sensitive as mine (not necessarily a good sense of smell or anything, just sensitive to certain odors.) I don't consider myself a therian or furry, but I have to admit, I do have a lot of weird habits. lol

#135 2011-04-10 18:22:35

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

Just yesterday I was downtown drinking with friends. Couldn't get into a pool rave because one friend wasn't old enough. So we took the party to the bars with everyone else big_smile

But, we came along this drunk little German, he was cute, not going to lie. But he was trashed.
He explained a story of this kid, Melvin, who owed him 50 dollars. It was kind of odd he said dollars instead of Euros, but moving on.

Melvin also owed his cousin, Karl, (or Carl) 80 dollars. Okay... so he wanted our help to go to an apartment complex near McDonald's to retrieve his money.

Now, while there he recaps his story. Melvin owes him 50 dollars. He also owes his cousin Lukas 50 dollars. Wait-- what?

It's getting odd, he wants us to go in to the entrance to the apartment, but to do so we have to crawl under a roller-down gate. It's dark on the other side, and nothing but a very small, narrow corridor.

By now I can feel something in the back of my mind, I'm barely controlling my mouth so I don't snarl or growl. For some unknown reason I follow my friends under. We're split from the rest of the group, just us three and the drunk German, Sam. He has one friend use an intercom to say something in German. Me and the second friend were both ready for whatever came through. He had a knife, I had my hands and growls.

Thankfully, a friend (black, so I put him on speakerphone because Germans are afraid of black people here xD) and told him where we were. Suddenly Sam started singing a different tune. We ended up going away, he kept apologizing for something, I forget what. Then he called us nice and we left (were actually followed for a bit, but when with the larger group, left alone).

Anyways, I had to explain to my friends that the growling wasn't me, that is must have been some stray dog. Thank GOD they were drunk enough to believe me.

<3

#136 2011-05-09 13:08:42

walkingintheshadows
Website

I haven't actually done anything too embarrasing yet, or anything which can't be explained away. You see there are no pagans at my school, no open vampires or witches or anybody unusual at all. I sometimes think i must be the only therian in the school. I could never tell my parents, or my twin sister. Everyone thinks i'm wierd enough already smile Britain sucks sometimes. I reackon London is proabably better, but that's a whole hour away. And i don't know anybody there. I have growled at people before, but nobody has really noticed yet. Growing up with my sister has helped i think. She constantly is annoying so minor things i can just brush off pretty easily... Do you think it's possible for one twin to be therian and one not? I think my dad might be but he doesn't realise it... Me and my sister are non-identical if your wondering.. smile

#137 2011-05-23 01:33:59

Das Serigala

I'm in a pack/pride with a werecat friend of mine, and we are like brother and sister. We hang out all the time, we have inside jokes...basically, people think we're dating wink . This month, we had testing, and we weren't allowed to leave the room during breaks, so we would be really bored. I was sitting on the ground, talking to her and another friend, and next thing I know, I'm lying on the ground, asleep, her left hand massaging the back of my neck while I crooned, and everybody in the general vicinity was staring at me...I told her never to do that again.

"As a musician, I tell you that if we were to suppress adultery, fanaticism, crime, evil, the supernatural, there would no longer be the means of writing one note" - George Bizet

#138 2013-08-11 22:36:34

Ryptide

I hate my instincts, If there is food especially meat and cheese I want to eat them, I am always hungry looking for a meal to quell my hunger pangs.
In my love life? Instinct keep going on the mate-o-matic radar, blip here's a possible mate and the next thing I know blip nope no good next candidate...over and over. I can't even look at chicks form their mid twenties and up to mid thirties, without my radar to start to scan them for anything that I won't like from them. and It will pick up things I shouldn't know about too.

I even know whether she is with someone or single.

To be enlightened is to see that which is beyond most men and see the truth through unclouded eyes. Watch the world from the outside and find where you belong... That is my creed. http://www.animefever.org/ref/ref.php?u … efever.org

#139 2013-08-24 01:33:47

icestarleader

An embarrassing moment for me was when I was in the middle of a water-polo game. The player kept grabbing me so when he did again I was making a weird chortle sound while snapping at his hand. I think mostly it was because i was snapping water but after that his whole team avoided me and i got some shots in.big_smile But what happened really startled me I didn't think i would snap like that.

so so busy...........

#140 2013-09-02 14:36:45

WolfVanZandt
Website

Things like that don't bother me anymore - I'm not sure if they ever did - but it does remind me of an incident which, on looking back, was funny. My closest friends in Selma are a family that lives here. Their daughter is hyperactive and, when she was younger, she could be a lot to deal with. One time, I was having a bad day (my back, especially, was hurting me) and she was trying to jump up onto  my back. I kept telling her to stop and she wasn't listening so I intended to spin around a shout, "Get off me!" What came out was a bestial roar. For once in my life, I couldn't read someone else's reaction. She just froze, expressionless,  then she spun around and walked quickly out of the room.

I told her mother later (this family knows I'm a Werewolf) that I hope I didn't hurt her feelings and she said that, no, she does that sometimes.

#141 2013-12-17 10:48:11

aCATalepsy

I've hissed at people. That's about all I do in public that can get me in trouble.

#142 2013-12-22 19:49:05

Silvermoon

I have a strong animal instict. No body except my best friend knows. so whenever me and her are messing around i will growl and whimper anmd even pounce on her. I growl under my breath too if someone has made me mad enough.

~~Silvermoon~~

#143 2014-04-06 17:58:52

DeerLover54
Website

in public alot..get tired and lean on a wall then go to sleep curled in a ball..very flexible..and i see pictures of me..friends posting pics about me..and i can growl..purr..and...bite real hard

#144 2014-07-03 20:21:02

ms.cubas

My mother walked into my apartment to find all my pets laying on me. I wasn't feeling well that day and I was making  animal noises, so I guess in my deliriousness I managed to persuade my four dogs, seven cats, and two parrots it was a good idea to snuggle with me. Later she told it to the rest of my relatives even though I didn't think it was that funny.....

Awaken the soul to the cosmos divine intervention, and realize the fate given to you......

#145 2016-05-31 16:07:14

zergthe

Whenever I get very, VERY mad at my mother, I sometimes curl my lips and narrow my eyes, whilst shaking the entire time. Every time she tells me, and I can see, that she tries really hard not to laugh. Naturally I only get even angrier.
Another time when I had moved, and was at a new school, I growled at a teacher. She then promptly asked me, "Excuuuse me, Mr.? Do you WANT to go to the Principal's Office?" I quickly shook my head and hurried inside. This was when I was in 1st Grade, too...
Whenever I get hurt, I sometimes growl, which doesn't exactly work in my favor...if my mom pulls my hair back so I am forced to get closer to her, I growl in annoyance. She then laughs and pulls me closer, then "gives me the tap", repeatedly tapping the top of my head until I duck away.

A little off topic, I am trying to figure out what my the therio-type is, or if I am a therian at all. My mother promptly calls it all "nothing but a fantasy," or "none of that is real". Which makes me mad, as I then think of all you people who truly are therians.

#146 2016-05-31 16:14:41

zergthe

Forgot to add that my mom keeps telling me to stop scratching like a dog.
I don't want to tell her about the possibility that I could be a therian. She claims that if I ever want to talk to her about something, she will listen and not mock, depending on the topic. I have yet to see that. So far, nobody knows, but my mom has caught me on the website Therian-Guide, and that's what she said in my previous post.

#147 2016-05-31 17:28:37

WolfVanZandt
Website

The best way I've read about how to tell if you're a Therian is that, when you find out about it, your life suddenly makes sense.

Therianthropy is a state - there's good evidence (but not proof) that it's a physical state - and so it pervades a Were's life. As for how to figure out your theriotype, my best suggestion is to pay attention to yourself as you go through your daily life. We learn about ourselves with feedback from our environment. Most Weres I know just knew what kind of Were they were by their mid-20s and they didn't have to figure it out - it was pretty evident to them. Of course when people start trying to break it down to subspecies and variation, I'm not so sure that even makes sense. Some people just try way too hard.

#148 2016-05-31 22:41:19

zergthe

Thanks, WolfVanZandt, I'll take that into account.
When I eat, I am oblivious to it, but other people keep saying I make noises. It's embarrassing. I don't even realize it unless someone tells me.
I'm trying to perfect my wolf-stare, too, much to my mom's annoyance. So far, no luck, but it's getting better...

#149 2016-06-01 01:54:48

WolfVanZandt
Website

Cool. G'luck.

#150 2016-08-14 00:15:49

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

WolfVanZandt wrote:

The best way I've read about how to tell if you're a Therian is that, when you find out about it, your life suddenly makes sense.

While I want to agree, because it was this way for me, I feel it should be specified that we mean "when you find out about the actual phenomenon that Therianthropy is defined to describe, many odd behaviors and feelings you've had that were otherwise abnormal are suddenly explained."  Therianthropy is not the same as puberty, moodiness, or (another) mental disorder/illness.

The best thing I can compare it to is being Transgendered, where most (not all) transgender people report feeling like they are the wrong sex and want to be another, and think there's something wrong/odd about themselves until someone else explains it to them and it's like "OH!  That's me!"

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

• Index
  •  » Therianthropy
  •  » Embarrassing moments: When has your animal side got you in trouble?

Board footer