The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-01-31 10:03:48

The Busboy
Administrator

Werewolves in Computer Games and Video Games

This forum is for posting about computer games and video games that have werewolf characters in them:

#2 2005-01-31 15:06:47

RedStreak

Re: Werewolves in Computer Games and Video Games

I'll take the liberty to announce the first set of game then. wink

The "Bloody Roar" series features dozens of zooanthropes, as they call them (they range from elephant to tiger to rabbit), and among them is unmistakably the character dubbed Yugo The Wolf. big_smile

"Bloody Roar" is basically a caged-match-style of game.  You fight against another plyaer or the computer, and it can even be against the same character as well.  Each character has a different style.

Yugo is pretty much the posterchild of the game, as I've seen him both on the previews for commericals and in each of the games' intros.  If you start out, definetely pick him b/c his style is well-rounded.  His back history apparently has 'em as, appropriately, a boxer, and he's quite apt at both punching and claw slashing...and kicking is another specialty of his. wink

Its a worthwhile game for PS and PS2 and there's even version that run on NintendoGameCube I believe.

Last edited by RedStreak (2005-01-31 15:07:03)

"Let the trails lead where they may, I will follow"
-Tigatron, Beast Wars

#3 2005-01-31 15:14:54

Figarou

Hunter: The Reckoning Redeemer for the Xbox has werewolves in it. There is a code you can put in to play as a werewolf.

Also World of Warcraft for the PC has werewolves.

#4 2005-01-31 17:57:23

Speedbump

The first werewolf PC game I ever played was Gabriel Knight III. It's basically like an interactive detective mystery.

#5 2005-01-31 18:12:10

NinjaWolf

You're mistaken, Speedbump. Gabriel Knight III had only vampires. The second Gabriel Knight game had werewolves.

Silly, werewolf! Tricks are for ninjas! XD

#6 2005-01-31 19:11:21

Speedbump

Oops... my bad. It was the one that was subtitled "The Beast Within."
Really fun game. I wonder if it'll run on modern computers.

#7 2005-01-31 19:28:49

Denim1

Three words  "City of Heroes"  they have werewolves and you even get rewarded when you kill (capture) a number of them.  There is even a mission in which you are given a special power that allows you to temporarly have one for a pet.  Caution:  this game is highly addictive

#8 2005-01-31 20:18:27

NinjaWolf

"City of Heroes"? Yeah, a friend of mine has that and he has a great team of heroes he set up himself - no werewolves, but a super android, psychic, and mutant team. I heard it's really great, though I'll have to watch my friend play it and see for myself. "City of Villians", part 2 of the series, is due later...wink

#9 2005-01-31 20:23:35

NinjaWolf

Speedbump wrote:

Oops... my bad. It was the one that was subtitled "The Beast Within."
Really fun game. I wonder if it'll run on modern computers.

It depends on the modifications on the installations and the computer's free space. Probably it'll work, but try it out and see.

I liked the Ludwig II storyline and the Wagner lost opera in the game the best! The wolves were cool, too! big_smile I've beaten all 3 games with perfects (not on the first tries, mind you!)! Have you got a perfect score on it? wink

#10 2005-01-31 20:28:16

RedStreak

Denim1 wrote:

Three words  "City of Heroes"  they have werewolves and you even get rewarded when you kill (capture) a number of them.  There is even a mission in which you are given a special power that allows you to temporarly have one for a pet.  Caution:  this game is highly addictive

*is already glued w/ eyes to the screen* big_smile

*BlueEyesWolf* Oh no!  We've lost 'em!

--------

*BlueEyesWolf* I get Red's car!

*NinjaWolf* Action figures!

*Zage the Winged Werewolf* Comics!

*the trio proceed to loot RedStreak's room*

-Tigatron, Beast Wars

#11 2005-01-31 20:44:13

NinjaWolf

I got Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow with Kung-fu grips and his Transformers! Woo-hoo!!! big_smile

My first werewolf game, believe it or not, was "Altered Beast"! I remembered playing this game when I was a teen, and it was enjoyable to see anthromorphic transformations: wolves especially! Another game I played was a cool-looking 4-player Konami side-scrolling fighting game in which there was a fencer guy that actually transforms himself into a werewolf after getting certain power-ups. I think the name of it was "Anthromorphic Force", I believe. The background music was totally awesome and you can pull off combos in this one, which I liked! People kept looking at me going through the game without getting my werewolf friend hurt and breezing it through towards the end and playing again! I recommend playing this game if you see it! big_smile

#12 2005-01-31 23:16:05

Speedbump

Woo, lots to respond to.

Denim: I own City of Heroes, but didn't renew my subscription after my preview month. I didn't see any werewolves sad Perhaps they're closer to the endgame content.

Ninja Part 1: No, I never got a perfect. It was a tough game the first time around.

Ninja Part 2: There's a remake of "Altered Beast" coming out for the Playstation2 in late February'ish. Unfortunately, it's going to be Japanese-release only... bastards.

#13 2005-02-01 04:18:13

BlueEyesWolf

RedStreak wrote:

Denim1 wrote:

*is already glued w/ eyes to the screen* big_smile

*BlueEyesWolf* Oh no!  We've lost 'em!

--------

*BlueEyesWolf* I get Red's car!

*NinjaWolf* Action figures!

*Zage the Winged Werewolf* Comics!

*the trio proceed to loot RedStreak's room*

LOL! Actually, I want his action figures and the comics! wink Ninja & Zage, you can have the car.

Seriously, I never played any of those latest video games but I have played Rampage in the arcade. Of course, I was Ralph the Giant Werewolf, smashing my way around the city!

Last edited by BlueEyesWolf (2005-02-01 04:19:02)

#14 2005-02-01 06:04:45

NinjaWolf

I remembered that one! Too bad it forces you to eat people for health reasons! sad

#15 2005-02-01 08:11:57

Joey Liverwurst

Data East marketed this in 1990.  By 1992, it was on clearance at every KayBee Toys outlet.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/joeyliverwurst/werewolf.jpg

#16 2005-02-01 16:10:33

NinjaWolf

Oh, YEAH! I remembered that one, too! Sega CD had that game too, I think, but I couldn't find it anywhere! sad

#17 2005-02-01 20:55:09

Denim1

Speedbump wrote:

Denim: I own City of Heroes, but didn't renew my subscription after my preview month. I didn't see any werewolves  Perhaps they're closer to the endgame content.

They start appearing around level 20 to 25 in Idependence Port

Last edited by Denim1 (2005-02-01 20:57:38)

#18 2005-02-01 21:16:14

slave2moonlight
Website

At this moment, I'm working on some sketches for the "Lycan Rising" video game. Here's the site of the group that will be making it: http://www.riogroup.org . They're looking for some good, game experienced people to join the team, too. Of course, they mainly want people from this area (Rio Grande Valley of Texas).

Last edited by slave2moonlight (2005-02-01 21:48:58)

"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun." -- "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!" -- "What's that star on the wall for?" -- "I've got a bad feeling about this." -- "I didn't get a 'harumph' outta that guy!" -- "You wanna talk to God? Let's go see him together. I've got nothing better to do."

#19 2005-02-01 22:23:26

Speedbump

Denim1 wrote:

Speedbump wrote:

Denim: I own City of Heroes, but didn't renew my subscription after my preview month. I didn't see any werewolves  Perhaps they're closer to the endgame content.

You don't get to play as one, do you?

#20 2005-02-01 22:56:31

NinjaWolf

slave2moonlight wrote:

At this moment, I'm working on some sketches for the "Lycan Rising" video game. Here's the site of the group that will be making it: http://www.riogroup.org . They're looking for some good, game experienced people to join the team, too. Of course, they mainly want people from this area (Rio Grande Valley of Texas).

*sigh* As a game fan, I really would like to go, but Texas is too far away from me (plus, no money!)! Grrrr! :x Are they looking for experienced drawers to put on the site as approval?

Last edited by NinjaWolf (2005-02-01 22:58:15)

#21 2005-02-01 23:11:11

slave2moonlight
Website

No clue Ninja, but feel free to check out the site and see what it says. By the way, the site is supposed to undergo some big changes soon, so you may want to keep watch.

"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun." -- "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!" -- "What's that star on the wall for?" -- "I've got a bad feeling about this." -- "I didn't get a 'harumph' outta that guy!" -- "You wanna talk to God? Let's go see him together. I've got nothing better to do."

#22 2005-02-01 23:14:04

NinjaWolf

slave2moonlight wrote:

No clue Ninja, but feel free to check out the site and see what it says. By the way, the site is supposed to undergo some big changes soon, so you may want to keep watch.

Okay, I'll check regularly. wink

#23 2005-02-02 20:11:39

Denim1

Speedbump wrote:

You don't get to play as one, do you?

No, unfortunatly.  But there is a mission that involves you getting one as a pet to help fight with you.  Also the character creation screen allows you to make characters as feline as possible, so you could probably do something wolf like like that, but not to wolfish, more like really catish, just give it a real bad ass wolf name.

#24 2005-02-02 23:36:48

RedStreak

Denim1 wrote:

Speedbump wrote:

*runs off hollering to level up to 20 to play w/ some CoH werewolves*

-Tigatron, Beast Wars

#25 2005-02-03 05:17:43

BlueEyesWolf

Hey! Come back here! Don't leave us alone to pay the bills for The Werewolf Cafe!

(pushs the tab to Ninja)

Your turn... big_smile

Board footer