The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-03-03 13:59:12

The Busboy
Administrator

The Band "The Young Werewolves"

Welcome band members of "The Young Werewolves!"  This forum has been created especially for you to post about yourselves, your band, your CD, your upcoming projects or anything else that you'ld like to share with people reading the forums here.  Enjoy the forum and the site!  Welcome! 

"The Young Werewolves" have a website at www.theyoungwerewolves.com

#2 2005-03-03 14:18:18

The Busboy
Administrator

Re: The Band "The Young Werewolves"

Hello, welcome to the site!  Some questions for you:

1. What type of music do you play?
2. How did you come up with the name "The Young Werewolves?"
3. How did your first CD turn out?
4. Is the music on it original?
5. What type of music is it?
6. Do you play at many clubs?

I wanted to let you know that there are a few forum members here that are musicians here  site too.  Welcome again and enjoy your visits here!

#3 2005-03-03 19:45:28

WolfVanZandt
Website

Hey, I like. I'm gonna have to buy some stuff when I get over the Howl.

#4 2005-03-04 14:41:53

shewolfdanak

HOOOOOOOOOOWWLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Thanks for the welcome....

1. We have been told that we're a "psychobilly" band. I never understood where all of the categories & sub categories of music came from. As far as we're concerned, we're playng good old rock-n-roll.

2.We are!!!! so it was fairly obvious!!!!

3.Our debut CD was a great experience, we're really happy with the recording, the mastering & we were lucky enough to have great artwork donated to us. It was really nice to cut our teeth in the manner that we did. By the way, once all of you hear & own it, not that you can tell, but the entire CD was recorded in 2 days!!!

4.see answer 1

5.We've been spreading out over the PA, NJ, DE, MD & NY areas, we are definatly looking to expand to larger hunting grounds.

As far as the merch goes, thanks for the support. us wolves have to stick together!!!

Best Vicious,
Shewolf Dana K.

#5 2005-03-04 16:17:21

Speedbump

Very nice. You guys remind me of the Groovie Ghoulies, one of my favorite bands in the early 90's. It's good old-fashioned punk'n'roll with a horror motif.

#6 2005-03-05 04:04:10

BlueEyesWolf

Speedbump wrote:

Very nice. You guys remind me of the Groovie Ghoulies, one of my favorite bands in the early 90's. It's good old-fashioned punk'n'roll with a horror motif.

The Groove Ghoulies? That reminds me of a old Saturday Morning cartoon series!

#7 2005-03-05 14:31:00

The Busboy
Administrator

shewolfdanak wrote:

HOOOOOOOOOOWWLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Thanks for the welcome....

1. We have been told that we're a "psychobilly" band. I never understood where all of the categories & sub categories of music came from. As far as we're concerned, we're playng good old rock-n-roll.

2.We are!!!! so it was fairly obvious!!!!

3.Our debut CD was a great experience, we're really happy with the recording, the mastering & we were lucky enough to have great artwork donated to us. It was really nice to cut our teeth in the manner that we did. By the way, once all of you hear & own it, not that you can tell, but the entire CD was recorded in 2 days!!!

4.see answer 1

5.We've been spreading out over the PA, NJ, DE, MD & NY areas, we are definatly looking to expand to larger hunting grounds.

As far as the merch goes, thanks for the support. us wolves have to stick together!!!

Best Vicious,
Shewolf Dana K.

Dana, thanks for your great post, please keep everyone here posted on anything new with you all, and again, welcome to the site!

#8 2005-03-06 02:23:54

BlueEyesWolf

Cool! Rock on, Young Werewolves!

#9 2005-03-06 15:59:53

shewolf danak

Thanks for the Groovie Ghoulies ref. They rock.

Cheers!

#10 2005-03-07 16:25:08

Wolfman Nick Falcon

Hey, thanks for the werewolf welcome!  Shewolf Dana K. does a great job as the band's spokesperson (errr, uh, spokeswolf). 
MaximumRockNRoll compared us to the Groovie Ghoulies in the January 2005 issue, where our debut cd was given a favorable review, so it's cool that more than one werewolf is on the same vibe.
Thanks again, and we hope to be posting here some more in between feedings.
Ooooowwwww!,
WolfMan Nick Falcon

#11 2005-03-07 16:33:31

The Busboy
Administrator

Cool, two of the three members posted, now we just gotta get Wolfman Jon on here, ha, ha, cool!  Hey, can you tell us something here that isn't posted on your website, like a fun "gig" story?  How many shows have you done?  Do any of you collect werewolf items?  or are you into werewolf movies and etc.?  Great name for a band, by the way!  Have you ever done a gig on a full moon?  Please feel free to post whatever you'ld like the forum members here to know, and please enjoy it, it's a very friendly site.

#12 2005-03-07 18:21:40

Speedbump

Wolfman Nick Falcon wrote:

Hey, thanks for the werewolf welcome!  Shewolf Dana K. does a great job as the band's spokesperson (errr, uh, spokeswolf). 
MaximumRockNRoll compared us to the Groovie Ghoulies in the January 2005 issue, where our debut cd was given a favorable review, so it's cool that more than one werewolf is on the same vibe.
Thanks again, and we hope to be posting here some more in between feedings.
Ooooowwwww!,
WolfMan Nick Falcon

As a drummer heavily influenced by the Lookout! Records bands of the 90's, it would be sacrilegious if I didn't give the Ghoulies a respectful nod. smile

#13 2005-03-07 18:28:23

slave2moonlight
Website

Welcome, Young Werewolves! I'm Nathan, the storyboard/sketch artist for the independent film "Lycan Rising," and one of the actual lycans around here. Glad to see you at the Cafe!

I just thought I'd recommend someone submit something about the group for this full moon, whether it be from the band themselves, or one of the site members doing a write-up about them. It'd be good publicity, not to mention something more for the full moon. I'd do it myself, but I'm not even sure I'll be getting all my planned stuff done in time for this cycle.

"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun." -- "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!" -- "What's that star on the wall for?" -- "I've got a bad feeling about this." -- "I didn't get a 'harumph' outta that guy!" -- "You wanna talk to God? Let's go see him together. I've got nothing better to do."

#14 2005-03-07 19:05:45

The Busboy
Administrator

slave2moonlight wrote:

Welcome, Young Werewolves! I'm Nathan, the storyboard/sketch artist for the independent film "Lycan Rising," and one of the actual lycans around here. Glad to see you at the Cafe!

I just thought I'd recommend someone submit something about the group for this full moon, whether it be from the band themselves, or one of the site members doing a write-up about them. It'd be good publicity, not to mention something more for the full moon. I'd do it myself, but I'm not even sure I'll be getting all my planned stuff done in time for this cycle.

S2M, yes, that's being worked on.

#15 2005-03-07 21:17:38

NinjaWolf

Will your CDs be in stores? I would love to grab a copy. big_smile

Silly, werewolf! Tricks are for ninjas! XD

#16 2005-03-08 09:31:34

The Busboy
Administrator

NinjaWolf wrote:

Will your CDs be in stores? I would love to grab a copy. big_smile

I know they sell CDs on their website.

#17 2005-03-08 21:14:00

WolfMan Nick Falcon

The Busboy wrote:

Cool, two of the three members posted, now we just gotta get Wolfman Jon on here, ha, ha, cool!  Hey, can you tell us something here that isn't posted on your website, like a fun "gig" story?  How many shows have you done?  Do any of you collect werewolf items?  or are you into werewolf movies and etc.?  Great name for a band, by the way!  Have you ever done a gig on a full moon?  Please feel free to post whatever you'ld like the forum members here to know, and please enjoy it, it's a very friendly site.

Man, we've had some crazy gigs.  We had a cat staple money to his forehead and a couple of good barfights break out here and there, the usual ghoulish behavior.  We gig all the time in the mid-atlantic states.  Figure at least three gigs a month for the last three years.  I have old school revell monster models, including the witch, the hunchback, creature from the black lagoon, and jeckyll / hyde.  The Wolfman was always my favorite.  If you remeber these things (i'm sure they are still available on e-bay and other places) the old school ones had two sets in each box; a glow in the dark set and a regular plastic set you can paint, and I would frankenstein them together, sometimes painting over the glow in the dark pieces.  We've been known to howl a tune or two during the full moon, we're considered a rockabilly band by a lot of our fans, so a lot of PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon) gets consumed at our shows!  As far as our record being available in stores, we do have a distribution deal with Cargo Music (Blink 182).  So go to your nearest retail spot and give 'em howl to stock our stuff. 
Oooooowww,
WNF!

#18 2005-03-09 09:05:09

The Busboy
Administrator

Great post WolfMan Nick!  Yeah, I know those glow-in-the-dark figures you are talking about.  When I was little, I had to have EVERYTHING that glowed in the dark, I always thought it was so cool.  The gig stories you mentioned are wild.  Hey, you said "rockabily," have you every been to Indianapolis for their rockabily events?  I know the guy that was orgamizing them.  Are any of you James Dean fans at all?   As there's sometimes a James Dean "connection" there, as James Dean was from Indiana and was buried about an hour's drive out of Indianapolis.

Last edited by The Busboy (2005-03-09 09:06:41)

#19 2005-03-09 12:48:28

WolfMan Nick Falcon

The Busboy wrote:

Great post WolfMan Nick!  Yeah, I know those glow-in-the-dark figures you are talking about.  When I was little, I had to have EVERYTHING that glowed in the dark, I always thought it was so cool.  The gig stories you mentioned are wild.  Hey, you said "rockabily," have you every been to Indianapolis for their rockabily events?  I know the guy that was orgamizing them.  Are any of you James Dean fans at all?   As there's sometimes a James Dean "connection" there, as James Dean was from Indiana and was buried about an hour's drive out of Indianapolis.

Sure we dig all things '50's.  Brando and Dean are cool cats.  At some point we will head points west, thanks for the connection!

Hey, also, we just entered into the Ernie Ball Battle of The Bands.  So they hooked us up with a page where you can access one of our MP3's.  So click on over and you can hear a complete track from our debut cd!

http://www.battleofthebands.com/theyoungwerewolves

I'll see Jonny Wolf tonite and tell him to prowl on over here too!!

WNF.

#20 2005-03-09 13:37:24

Figarou

Have you guys ever thought of doing an album in DTS 5.1 surround? How about DVD-A? SACD?

Thanks

#21 2005-03-09 19:00:17

The Busboy
Administrator

WolfMan Nick Falcon wrote:

The Busboy wrote:

Sure we dig all things '50's.  Brando and Dean are cool cats.  At some point we will head points west, thanks for the connection!

Hey, also, we just entered into the Ernie Ball Battle of The Bands.  So they hooked us up with a page where you can access one of our MP3's.  So click on over and you can hear a complete track from our debut cd!

http://www.battleofthebands.com/theyoungwerewolves

I'll see Jonny Wolf tonite and tell him to prowl on over here too!!

WNF.

very cool, I am a huge James Dean and Marlon Brando fan.  I have been to James Dean's hometown in Fairmount, Indiana (where he is buried) at least 15 or more times now.  I met his high school drama teacher before she passed away (we even had lunch at restaurant) and I know some of Dean's family there.  Marlon Brando grew up during part of his chilhood close to where I live now, and I have read Marlon's autobiography (as well as biographies on James Dean).  I have numerous James Dean and 50's collectibles at home, I am a 50's fan for sure, and like the music.  I checked out your link, very cool!

#22 2005-03-20 13:29:06

Shewolf Dana K

Hello again,
WOW! what a crazy weekend. We had a show in Bethlehem, PA Friday night. I got the BRILLIANT idea to take my 1972 Caddy to the show.
We're in Philly so this is a 2 hour drive 1 way.
We played with a great band the Road Hogs, they also happen to be a car club. Thankfully they were there when the car wouldn't start. sad
We had 9 or 10 grasers hanging in, on & under my baby.
Their bass player saved the day.
I'll remeber in the future to always check the battery 1st.
I'm such a girl sometimes!!!
We ended up rolling in around 5:30 AM & my Satuday was spent in a daze. Damn I hate when my sleep schedule gets all gently caressed up. Naturally being a nocturnal animal, getting up for work in the AM is hard enough already, dammit!
As far as the toys go, I collect alot of them. I'm a BIG fan of the Sandman comics. I buy as much as I can without losing my home! I also collect the Spookytown houses & stuff. On top of all that I have an obsession with musical instruments.
I think I'm running out of room in my place!!!!

Hugs & stitches,
D

#23 2005-03-20 15:19:36

The Busboy
Administrator

Shewolf Dana K,
Sounds like you had a rough weekend!  But at least everything worked out o.k. for you, so that's a good thing.  I hear you on the sleep schedule comment, as I try to get to sleep by 3am (at the very latest), otherwise I feel like I miss a whole day the next day if I don't.  That is cool that you collect "Sandman" comics, there are some people on the site here that have met Neil and like his work too.  Neil autographed a few of his books for my collection in fact ("American Gods" and "Wolves in the Walls").  I hear you, regarding your comment on collecting, as there are a lot of people on this site that are collectors too.  Glad you made it home o.k., but sorry to hear about your rough weekend.  Did you all do somehing for Saint Patrick's Day?

#24 2005-03-20 19:51:01

NinjaWolf

Wolfman Nick Falcon,

If you need an illustrator for a CD cover for your music, let me know. I'd be glad to help. big_smile

Here's some samples from my Ninja Burger comic panels that I've done: http://www.ninjaburger.com/ninjashift

I can draw werewolves, too. wink

Silly, werewolf! Tricks are for ninjas! XD

#25 2005-03-23 04:18:48

BlueEyesWolf

And I can vouch for NinjaWolf. He's good!

Board footer