The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-05 16:12:28

Cratys
Website

Can a werewolf.....

So I was on some other sites for vampire info, and then I looked at werewolf info but I couldn't find answer so these questions.

Can a werewolf thirst of astral essence or astral 'blood'?

Can a therian wolf or normal werewolf be 'awakened' by a bite from a vampire?

Hmm...maybe you all need a background story to understand things better. Please don't call me crazy, but lets just say this:

I walk around living life as a normal human for most of my life, not knowing I'm anything else. Suddenly I start noticing traits such as eyes that turn gold when angry, clawed hands and feet and three sets of fangs (note all these traits sound like a werewolf but say the person possessing these traits can still pass for an average human. When angry, I become numb to all pain and and a white halo forms around eveything I see.

Then I get "marked" but not "changed" by a master vampire.

After that I start to "thirst" like a vampire would for his astral 'blood' or essence. Is the outcome of this (excluding the possibility of human, thats a given) am I then a werewolf, a vampire, or both?

If the vampire didn't change me then I'm still a wolf right?

If I suddenly have vampiric qualities, even though he didn't change me, does that mean perhaps there was vampire in me to begin with and they were 'awakened' by his mark?

Please tell me what you think but no attacking me, insulting me, calling me crazy or stupid. Just pretend its true (even if you don't belive it at all) and answer my questions..or at least guess...be nice please.

Last edited by Cratys (2008-09-05 16:46:16)

#2 2008-09-05 17:11:19

Cratys
Website

Re: Can a werewolf.....

Yay  hi there!! ^^ Thanks for the warning I tend to over react and get mad easily over things that remotely look like attacks.

Okay a master vampire is an old vampire (who is old through reincarnation or otherwise) and is of the highest levels of vampire power, and has a nice array of abilities here in the human world rather than just in the astral realm.

And like I said, there are a lot of abilities I have here in the human world as well as in the astral. But just going off of what I can do here, it points to werewolf, so therian for sure, and yet the thirst I gained after being marked makes me think maybe there was vampire in me, then again, werewolves thisrt too. So I'm trying to define which one I am, vampire? Therian wolf? both?

#3 2008-09-05 17:21:06

FenrirFinale

*** I think the term master is ether refering to a vampire that is advanced and has a massive amount of control of other beings , or maybe and ageless. I'm not sure but I think thats the proper term.

By the way I'm Finale! And don't worry most everyone here is pretty easy going and won't attack anyone ( at least when it comes to a debate or theory ) So I guess I'll try and help by adding my knowledge.

Now about your first question I have to say I'm not really sure. I know that therians/werewolfs need to feel some form of energy from time to time but I've never heard of it being gain through those types of methods. Sorry I can't be of more help on that part.

As for your second question my opinion is this. I think that it is completely possible. I've heard of and seen many times when a therian was " awakened " by confronting a vampire and also a very interesting case were a long dormant person " awoke " upon a seeing a very aggresive display from a vampire.

That didn't end well actually. . .  don't ask.

I personally think that you are entirely 100% wolf. I do believe however that you've inherited some unique qualities because of your experiences so know need to worry.

Maybe my experiences will help. I won't say what exactly I am but I'll leave it at this your not going to be exactly normal after this experience but your still a wolf.

So thats my thoughts respond if you wish  I'm alway's willing to talk and feel free to e-mail me if you want.  Oh and by the way. Welcome to The Werewolf Cafe!

Always happy to chat so add me on Kik at ArcticRhapsody.

Seize the Night~

#4 2008-09-05 17:35:24

FenrirFinale

Don't fell down about it *** after all I'm engaged to a Fox and my two best friends are Tigers so your not alone out there you just gotta keep your head up until one joins the site.

By the way *** how old do you think I am?

Seize the Night~

#5 2008-09-05 17:38:32

Cratys
Website

hmm thaks a lot Fenri! I talked to the vampires and none of them really could define me

Here's all my abilities in detail...just for more info on how I came to the wolf/vampire conclustion.

Physical
1. My eyes turn gold when I'm mad, sexually stimulated, or 'thirsty'. (vampire/ werewolf?)

2.My finger nails and toe nails are hard enough to carve through wooden wall paneling ( haven't tried anything harder) and grown naturally pointed, (werewolf?)

3.I have three sets of natural fangs. I have the normal two on top, two on bottom and then the next tooth over from each bottom fang is another fang. (werewolf/vampire?)

4. I seem to get red eye in pictures all the time even when I'm not looking at the camera...but that's probably nothing special. (?)

When I get mad, I mean really, really, pissed off....

5. I see a white halo around everything living. (?)

6. I become numb to pain. One time, I went into my room and was hitting my pillow to let off some steam, but I missed the pillow and hit the wall. I didn't even notice until the next morning that I hat split my knuckle open and my pillow was all bloody. (?)

7. Super strength? Well I can't pick up a car or anything, but after I relized I split open my knuckle I saw that I had also broken the wooden paneling. There's a good inch by two inch dent in the wood. And once I kicked through the wall without hardly any force (that I knew of). (?)

8. Usually at this violent point I tend to draw on my rage for more power. I think that's a vampire and werewolf thing. But when I'm past the violent stage of seriously pissed. I can't help it. My voice sounds like two dark creatures, like...demons or something talking at the same time. (werewolf?)

9.I can scream in a way that sounds like two or three little high-pitched screams all at once. (Vampire/ banshee?)

10. I can growl and snarl from deep in my chest and the back of my throat. (werewolf/vampire?)

11.At when I'm so mad, during the dark voice (usually I'm hidden in my room) I can't help myself, I start pacing on all fours, hands and feet on the ground, pacing and growling...and sometimes drooling like some rabid beast. (werewolf?)

Mental

1. Astral transmitting. I'm very very good at leaving my body and going anywhere. Other people's houses, and other worlds (Erebus, Elysium, Tarterus). And when I'm in the astral realm, I can transform into anything. (So thats a Therianthrope talent.)

2.Telepathy, I can send mental pictures, emotions, feelings (pain or pleasure), words and sounds to other people depending on how well they recive such information.( ?)

3.I'm a little psychic. I know things will happen seconds before they actually happen like a little video in my head. (not a very useful talent). (human?)

4.Empathy. I can tell what another person is feeling by just being in the room with them. I don't even have to see them I just feel it, and I feel it as if it's my own emotion, though I've grown to be able to tell the difference. (human?)

5. Post cognition. When I meet someone, sometimes I get a video in my head of something signifigant that happened to them. (ie: One time I met a girl and the second I read her post on a forum I had this vision of being raped...come to find out, she was raped some time ago). Or sometimes I get a feeling (ie: I was reading my boyfriend's blog and I read about how one of his exes had cheated on him. At the time we had just met, but after reading if I felt heart broken and betrayed...and I've never been cheated on.) (human?)

and no I didn't make one yet...I'll go look at the personal forum board and see what I can do ^^

Last edited by Cratys (2008-09-05 17:41:12)

#6 2008-09-05 18:06:34

FenrirFinale

Wow your certainly a unique person aren't you. Well I hope I've been of some help to you and that I can continue to be in the future.

Seize the Night~

#7 2008-09-05 18:12:45

Cratys
Website

You definately were, thanks ^^.

As for unique? You mean other therians can't do that kinda stuff?

#8 2008-09-05 18:20:57

FenrirFinale

Well it kinda depends on the therian. I just meant that you had a lot of great abilites. And your very welcome.

Seize the Night~

#9 2008-09-06 01:35:43

WolfVanZandt
Website

Boy, that's a lot.

I've known quite a few vampires (I used to be a member of PathwaysToDarkness) and the consensus of the ones I know is that a Vampire can't make a Mainstreamer a Vampire. People are suggestible, though, so the Vampire might have lead you to believe that they turned you.

Some of what you mentioned sounds like therianthropy. All Humans are empathic to some degree, but Therians tend to be very empathic (except the autistic ones).

Eye color changes are not a characteristic of Werewolves - that's common among Mainstreamers also.

I know a lot of women that would kill for your fingernails but hard nails and pointy teeth doth not a Werewolf make.

Auras might or might not be psychic but their certainly not the exclusive property of the Therian community and a lot of Therians don't see auras.

berserker shifts are not terribly common but both mainstreamers and Therians have them. They're caused by something all humans have - adrenaline.

That scream - you'd be great in opera.

Growl - anybody can do it.

The idea that a Werewolf can't control themselves is pure fiction. If you can't control yourself, you need someone to help you learn to - anger management or something.

Shifting in Dreamtime is what shamans do. Therains tend to have shamanistic experiences but so do mainstreamer shamans. The fact that you do it naturally sounds Therians. Mainstreamers generally have too learn how.

Mainstreamers are as likely to hahve "psychic abilities" as Therians.

So, yes, it does sound like you might be Therian, but most of what you said has nothing to do with being a Werewolf.

#10 2008-09-07 19:36:12

Cratys
Website

Zandt, forgive me, I thought confusing therians and likens was a thing taken lightly. I know the difference, but it didn't think it mattered. I said "werewolf" as a vague way to put both therians and likens in the same catagory...

You beat me down into feeling like the pitiful human I know some part of me is, and always has been...though I'm sure you meant no offence. I know there is wolf in me too. It feels so..natural. Like I should feel stupid for not connecting myself to wolves earlier.

Today has been...odd. I'm paranoid today, my senses are high and they rarely are. I can hear everything today, I smell everything...or more than usual. Little things make me jump today...the vampire who marked me was attacked last night. They don't know about me, they don't know that the vampire, Inu, marked me, they don't know about the therian in me and like I said don't even know I exist...yet.

So skeptic...whom I have no patience for today, it sounds like a movie or a story or a lie, or maybe I'm crazy. I don't care, to me this is real. My greatest hopes are real, all my suspiciouns justified, everything makes sense..and though I'm afraid that the slightest peep from me will send some sort of fist into my face or hands at my throat...my fangs ache more than usual...and I feel something stirring inside. Like this..unjustified paranoiya is awakening another part of me...maybe my therian awakening isn't over yet.

Sorry, thinking aloud...please don't try to rationalize my head at the moment, I'll only see it as an insult...

#11 2008-09-07 22:49:35

WolfVanZandt
Website

In real Life, a Lycan is a Wewrewolf from the movie "Underworld". There is nothing in Real Life called a Lycan  (well, since the movie, there have been people calling themselves Lycans, but that makes most of the Werewolves I know cringe because it tends to be role playing gone bad). Werewolves have started calling themselves "Therians" but I think we may be beginning to regret that since people have broadened the term "Therian" to the point where it's almost meaningless. Frankly, I'm going back to using "Werewolf".

Well, don't feel beat - you just gave me one more opportunity to remind people that a lot of the things people think indicate therianthropy doesn't (something that bears emphasizing). But did you thoroughly pass over the point where I said that yous sounded like you might be a Werewolf? If not, don't be too upset, werewolves do tend to be dyslexic.

By the way, I'm not a skeptic. I'm a Werewolf with quite a lot of Vampire friends, so if you want answers from a Werewolf that knows a lot of Vampires, I can sorta fit that bill. Although this is a site that allows role playing so you need to be careful since people don't always know if you're expecting them to role play or not and you might not be talking to someone in Real Life mode, there are other Werewolves and Vampires around that can advise you. They're going to stick pretty close to reality, also.

#12 2008-09-07 23:00:33

Cratys
Website

Sorry, I'm trying to keep an open mind, I know you aren't trying to strart a fight and I'm just being my normal too-defensive, over-reactive self but you said

So, yes, it does sound like you might be Therian, but most of what you said has nothing to do with being a Werewolf.

then you said

But did you thoroughly pass over the point where I said that yous sounded like you might be a Werewolf? If not, don't be too upset, werewolves do tend to be dyslexic.

Since I know I'm being too critical, I'll try not to see that last part as an insult. But I have to point out that you lost me.

You also said you're a werewolf, while before you implied that I wasn't (?) not sure on where you stand according my therian self being real or not. Then maybe you implied that I'm a role player? Which implies the term 'poser'...still trying not  to take offence and believing that I'm just being too critical...

I rp on the game board, I rp when I write novels, I rp when im on an rp site. Eveything in this thread is real...or as real as I know it to be. Please be more careful with your wording, I'm fighting myself not to twist it into an attack....sorry I'm like this.

#13 2008-09-08 03:36:56

WolfVanZandt
Website

No, I stated (I rarely just "imply" - I don't naturally play those games) that most of the things you were talking about do not indicate lycanthropy but I also said (contrary to implying that you are not a role player or that you are not a Werewolf) that you might be a Werewolf.

If you simply read what I'm typing instead of trying to get "implications" out of it, you'll get my real meaning.

Go back and read all the instances where I mentioned "role playing". None of them referred to you.

I can't be more careful about my wording and get my meaning across.

#14 2008-09-10 16:46:52

Cratys
Website

I'm used to readining into thing because I'm used to people shooting me down all the time. I'm used to them trying to put a duble meaning in things. I'm used to being attacked, especially on these kind forums...so I'm cautious. At least I didn't jump to conculsions and start yelling at people.

And as a final note. I KNOW there is wolf in me, always has been and always will be. It's solid, unmoving, concrete FACT. I KNOW IT. It doen't matter if anyone else belives me or not, but I am. Not because of the reasons listed above, I just know it, and it explains so much. So there, *takes a breath* I'm solid in my beliefs and I will not move no matter what anyone says. ^_^

#15 2008-09-10 22:17:45

WolfMontana

Woot! big_smile Awesome.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#16 2008-09-13 10:57:03

WolfMontana

Well said smile

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#17 2008-09-14 18:55:06

milana
Website

I have so many things I could say in reply to all the other replies in this thread, but I'm not gonna because I'm lazy. tongue

I just wanted to comment on this: Can a werewolf thirst of astral essence or astral 'blood'?
I can't speak for all werewolves, just myself, but I do thirst for astral energy, but not in the form of blood. I crave the energy in the form of earth energy and, occasionally, sexual energy found in the astral. I generate a lot of energy on my own, which should take care of the fact that I'm also constantly grounding it (I have a bizarre connection with the earth, I've given up looking into it, lol.), but it doesn't because I also have physical metabolic problems. So, yeah, I thirst for those two types of energy in the astral, and in the case of sexual energy it's only in the astral that I crave that. So, yeah, werewolves can thirst for an astral energy form, including 'blood'. However, I don't think that's just werewolf based and it's probably more linked to the event you described than to being an actual werewolf.

As for being awakened by a bite, as far as I'm concerned anything can awaken you. I was awakened by a series of psychotic breakdowns, lol.

1. Astral transmitting. I'm very very good at leaving my body and going anywhere. Other people's houses, and other worlds (Erebus, Elysium, Tarterus). And when I'm in the astral realm, I can transform into anything.
Other people can do this, but I've kind of noticed that paranormals (as I like to call them, i.e. werewolves, vampires, etc.) are better at it than non-paranormals. Personally, I can access the Faerie Realms in the blink of an eye through astral projection or another realm which is werewolf based and from what I can tell was some sort of alternate plane from this one where the werewolf myth began with Romulus and Remus, but I'm not sure. I've just now started exploring it and taking the Multiverse idea in mind there are so many realms/planes of existences out there to access.

And now I'm babbling. XD I do that a lot.

5. I see a white halo around everything living. (?)
That's a sight shift. Anybody that works with energy can shift their sight to see that, though it doesn't look the same for everyone (for my best friend, the color is gray. I see a rainbow of colors, but mostly green). You can work toward controlling it and then it won't just pop up during emotional moments or a time of inconvenience (like it used to do me. try painting in art class when all you can see is rainbows cascading from your classmates. XD ). It's really cool once you get the hang of it, though.

There's nothing that can't be cured by chocolate. Unless you're craving calamari.

My Triond.

#18 2008-09-16 21:42:00

Cratys
Website

yay people ^^ and thanks

I also notice at night I can look around my room and everything is pulsing a neon green, like it's all acutally lit up , but it's black as pitch. It's like the glowing pulse is comeing from my eyes, but I look in the mirror and there's no light at all and yet i see it glowng. C'est tres bizzare...

#19 2008-10-29 09:48:48

ZombifiedPyro
Website

Ehm.. Sorry for going a bit off topic, but can anyone tell me about getting 'awakened' and how it might happen?  I don't think I've been 'awakened', yet. I also have this 'ability', so to speak, that I can make people not notice me and talk my way out of tickets and arrests.

So, yeah, any help would be appreciated. I'll ask my girlfriend about any vampire info if you want.

"It looks like we're going to cut a path through every chicken-shite Metrocop who's having second thoughts about defending City 17."
-Barney Calhoun

#20 2008-10-29 20:47:34

milana
Website

From what I can tell, the awakening process is different for everyone. Sometimes it is sudden and sometimes it is such a gradual process that you don't notice that anything's changed until it's complete. I don't know of any way to trigger such a thing, either. Sorry I can't be of more help.

There's nothing that can't be cured by chocolate. Unless you're craving calamari.

My Triond.

#21 2008-10-30 01:01:29

WolfVanZandt
Website

You don't get awakened....you awaken. I've sensed therianthropy in another and explained to them why they are the way they are and they understood. that's about the most anyone else is ever going to take part in another's awakening. They already knew they were different and they knew how they were different; they just needed a concept to hang it all on.

#22 2008-10-30 01:30:26

isafos

Lol, vampire forums. Gothfail.

Oh wait. =p

Yeah, I've always called BS on this very weird view of Werewolves vs Vampires. As far as I'm aware, it all stemmed from a couple of teens with World of Darkness RPG books in a Denny's somewhere. All this talk of 'psi' would make Penn and Teller giggle.
I'm sure they'd say correcting each other on what is and what isn't an 'awakening' seems a little redundant.

I do find it weird that you're 'seeing' this stuff. I'm not well-enough versed in Psychology to come up with a diagnosis, and I'm not inclined to 'believe' you per say until I do. Never heard of eye-change in relation to Werewolves though. At least, before these forums. You wouldn't happen to have been able to take pictures of yourself in one of these situations, would you?
As usual, proof-nut.

Last edited by isafos (2008-10-30 01:33:34)

#23 2008-10-30 22:10:40

WolfVanZandt
Website

Actually, I am a psychologist (rehab counselor/vocational evaluator). I never played role games until I was well into college - long after I was writing poetry for the literary group from a lycanthropic viewpoint. In other words, I don't doubt that some people who call themselves Therians (and some who are) were inspired by RPGs, but most of the established Therians who live today were never gamers or were minimally gamers after the fact.

That wouldn't be proof, Isafos, photographs are much too easily doctored.

#24 2008-10-31 02:21:28

milana
Website

Interestingly, isafos, I began calling myself a werewolf three years before I ever heard of Therians. I've only been a member of the online community since June/July. The only games I play are Final Fantasy, Civilization 4, and Tropico (check it out, no werewolves in sight).

And the majority of the things she is claiming to see a lot of people see. Take a couple of steps into the pagan community some time and you'll come face to face with quite a few people who can see auras (the glowing light around living things) and can meditate to access other planes of existence. Not to mention, auras can be photographs through use of a special camera connected to a biofeed back machine.

Are they, and I, all insane? Maybe. But isn't it a little weird that we all came up with the SAME ideas without even knowing each other existed?

Last edited by milana (2008-10-31 02:23:04)

My Triond.

#25 2008-10-31 04:47:38

isafos

WolfVanZandt wrote:

That wouldn't be proof, Isafos, photographs are much too easily doctored.

I really don't care. I'm pretty sure I'll know if some twerp grabs an image off a wolf off of Google. Just as long as someone tries to, because I'm not believing anyone on simple word of mouth.

Board footer