The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-02 12:42:10

FenrirFinale

Paladin

What happens when we are cast away from the place we call home? What happens if we forget what our lives once were? Would we get up and keep going if we fell? Would we stand or run when confronted with our truest terrors? Given the chance would be the Hero or the Villain? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 1. Ropes, Chains and Rifts.

It started with a dream.

" Do you hear the music Kid? " The stranger asked with a smile lite up by the setting sun.

" What music? " The Kid asked staring down at the silent flute in his hands. " I've already stopped playing. What do you mean Isaac? "

" How do I know his name's Isaac? " Another voice whispered at the back of The Kid's mind.

" I swear when you play that flute boy the Fairies play a tune to match. " Isaac said with a wide grin, the scar cut across his cheek twisting at the movement.

" That ugly scar, how did he get it? " The other voice asked with pained curiosity.

" Hush your foolish mouth and enjoy the sunset you great bear. " The Kid said with a laugh as he punched the shoulder of the man beside him. " This might be the last we see on Earth. " He finished solemnly as he stared  at the ocean waves lapping at the bottom of the day's sun.   

" Aye it could be true enough but it won't be. " Isaac said with another soft smile. " Even if we die tomorrow this won't be our last sunset together. "

Another voice calls from behind them. It is soft and lilting, the voice of a singer. Isaac stands and calls out with a laugh for someone to join them. The Kid doesn't catch the name over the crashing of the waves against the rocks bellow.

" Who is she? " The voice in his mind asks curiously almost anxiously.

The Kid turns to view the new arrival but his vision blurs. " Not another spell not now! " He cries out as his world fades. The last thing he sees through the faint haze of unconsciousness is the cliff and it's single tree above him as he falls into the salty spray below.

" This is how I die. " The voice said softly in shocked silence as the world went black.

End of Part 1 : The Dream.

Hope you all enjoyed the introduction. Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Last edited by FenrirFinale (2009-08-02 12:44:13)

Always happy to chat so add me on Kik at ArcticRhapsody.

Seize the Night~

#2 2009-08-02 13:25:06

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

Re: Paladin

That is very interesting. It leaves a lot of questions to the reader, which definitely works to capture their attention. A very good opening Fenrir. I would definitely like to read more. I will say it is confusing, however, I believe it is supposed to play out that way. It is very well written as well. Keep up the writing. wink

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#3 2009-08-02 13:28:28

FenrirFinale

Thanks Vin if I can't find anything else to do I may start updating now. smile

You're right by the way the opening is meant to be a little confusing. wink

Seize the Night~

#4 2009-08-02 14:27:14

Vindicator
Website

Your welcome. wink

#5 2009-08-02 14:49:50

FenrirFinale

Part 2: Reality

" I can feel the water and hear the waves. If I open my eyes I'll see the sun above me through the blue. " The boy thought with a grimace. But when he opened his eyes it wasn't water above him but the sky thick with puffy clouds flowing across the horizon.   

" No it was just a dream. " He realizes as he blinks the sun from his eyes. " I came out here to relax on the hillside and feel asleep that's all.  " He told himself in a desperate mumble as he sat up. But no, dreams didn't feel that real. At least not for him.

As he sat he remembered the man named Isaac with the scar on his cheek. And he thought of that gorgeous sunset and the view from the cliff.  Then his mind skipped ahead to the feeling of falling from the cliff and into the water. He shuddered without knowing it and stood his skin cool even in the bright sunlight.

" I should just walk this off. " He muttered to himself as he started down the hillside and towards the woods that surrounded it. This far from town he knew he wouldn't meet anyone. Not that it would have mattered if he had. Most people just glanced over him their gazes slipping from one side to the next almost as if he wasn't there at all.

So he walking into the woods oblivious to which direction he was going and to where he had come from. That may have been his mistake from the beginning. Those of us who walk with no real destination tend to end up in the strangest of places.

But still he walked thinking about the dream and wondering where the place where Isaac lived was. Even if he'd been looking he wouldn't have seen the hole. Thick tall grass grew around the rim of the gap in the earth and a log to the left made it seem logical to just cut through the tall green blades.

No one ever said the logical choice was the right one.

As the boy stepped into the grass patch he realized something was wrong. The feeling of his foot being suspended in open air giving that away. So he fell the small pinprick of light that the sun cast into the ground disappearing in seconds.  He had enough time to think. " This is like falling in the dream except this time I won't hit water but stone. " Then everything went black.

End of Part 2: Reality

Last edited by FenrirFinale (2009-08-02 14:50:56)

Seize the Night~

#6 2009-08-02 17:24:46

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

woah.nice work smile

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

#7 2009-08-02 17:50:32

FenrirFinale

* smile *

Thank you.

Seize the Night~

#8 2009-08-02 18:00:00

lord_hondros
Hound Of Darkness

I love it!

This is awesome!
*Donates $20*

#9 2009-08-02 18:08:25

FenrirFinale

Glad you like it. smile

Seize the Night~

#10 2009-08-02 19:09:55

Mymloch

The scenes produced in my head from this are very surreal.  Even though it would appear that only the first part was a dream, we're still very much inside the character's mind.  You've done well at making me feel like I am one of his thoughts.   Weird...   More...

#11 2009-08-02 20:45:17

FenrirFinale

Gladly. I'll update tomorrow. big_smile

Seize the Night~

#12 2009-08-03 12:37:36

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

tommorow is here,tommorow is always here for today is yesterdays tommorow.

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

#13 2009-08-03 13:46:19

FenrirFinale

* sticks tongue out. *

I've got the update half written I'll post it when I get back later.

Seize the Night~

#14 2009-08-03 18:24:54

FenrirFinale

My apologies to anyone waiting for the update you may have to wait a little longer. We've got some pretty bad storms happening around here right now and I'm not leaving the computer plugged in. ( I've already lost one tower that way. XP )

Hopefully I'll be on sometime later to post it and if not I'll be on tomorrow morning.

Seize the Night~

#15 2009-08-03 19:14:05

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

hehe,i got you fen hehe

#16 2009-08-04 14:25:09

Vindicator
Website

FenrirFinale wrote:

Part 2: Reality

" I can feel the water and hear the waves. If I open my eyes I'll see the sun above me through the blue. " The boy thought with a grimace. But when he opened his eyes it wasn't water above him but the sky thick with puffy clouds flowing across the horizon.   

" No it was just a dream. " He realizes as he blinks the sun from his eyes. " I came out here to relax on the hillside and feel asleep that's all.  " He told himself in a desperate mumble as he sat up. But no, dreams didn't feel that real. At least not for him.

As he sat he remembered the man named Isaac with the scar on his cheek. And he thought of that gorgeous sunset and the view from the cliff.  Then his mind skipped ahead to the feeling of falling from the cliff and into the water. He shuddered without knowing it and stood his skin cool even in the bright sunlight.

" I should just walk this off. " He muttered to himself as he started down the hillside and towards the woods that surrounded it. This far from town he knew he wouldn't meet anyone. Not that it would have mattered if he had. Most people just glanced over him their gazes slipping from one side to the next almost as if he wasn't there at all.

So he walking into the woods oblivious to which direction he was going and to where he had come from. That may have been his mistake from the beginning. Those of us who walk with no real destination tend to end up in the strangest of places.

But still he walked thinking about the dream and wondering where the place where Isaac lived was. Even if he'd been looking he wouldn't have seen the hole. Thick tall grass grew around the rim of the gap in the earth and a log to the left made it seem logical to just cut through the tall green blades.

No one ever said the logical choice was the right one.

As the boy stepped into the grass patch he realized something was wrong. The feeling of his foot being suspended in open air giving that away. So he fell the small pinprick of light that the sun cast into the ground disappearing in seconds.  He had enough time to think. " This is like falling in the dream except this time I won't hit water but stone. " Then everything went black.

End of Part 2: Reality

Hey Frenir I like were you are taking the plot. It is very intriguing. I enjoy the way you keep it simple and detailed at the same moment. Keep it up. smile

#17 2009-08-04 22:20:02

FenrirFinale

Thanks to you both. smile

Things are  bit busy here now and I just got home for the first time today. I'm so freaking tired. XP

I've got to get some rest now because I'll be up before dawn tomorrow to go somewhere else so I can't update tonight. Lots of love to anyone still waiting and my sincerest apologies. * bows *

Goodnight my friends. smile

Seize the Night~

#18 2009-08-05 19:16:55

FenrirFinale

None of us remember being born. The boy was able to experience it first hand though waking up in a world of unknowns without even the comfort of knowing his own name.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 3: Unreality

" Hey! " The voice that called was brash and rough, distinctly male. " Hey! Get up kid! You alright? " Whoever was near him called out. Something resembling  concern showing in their voice.

That's when he realized that surrounding him was the sound of waves and gulls. Before his mind could get any further in processing this new information he felt a large hand on his shoulder shaking him gently. " Yo, you alive? " The voice asked concern now etched into his tone.

The boy groaned his eyes opening slowly to the bight sky above him. He groaned again quickly dropping the lids back down to block the early morning sun. " Ouch. "  He breathed out in one long sigh.

The hand on his shoulder relaxed it's grip the owner of the voice relaxing with it. " Pain's good kid it means you get to live for another day. " His voice was steady but relieve hide under the rough surface. " Glad  to see you're not dead digging graves is hard work. " He chuckled slightly at his attempt at humor.

" Sorry, I wouldn't have wanted to inconvenience you. " The boy laughed his hands flying up to his skull as the action revealed a throbbing headache in his cranium.

His eyes edged open slowly as the ache faded and he saw for the first time who his would be gravedigger was.
The man was large to say the least; the shirt he was sleeveless revealing muscles large enough to snap a small tree trunk. The hand still on his shoulder was roughly the size of a small plate and could have surely crushed the boy's bones as soon as help him to his feet.

" Wow it's a giant. " He mumbled before anything logical could come from his mouth.

The giant laughed leaning back onto his haunches as his bellows raised a flock of gulls resting on the rocks. " No I'm not a giant boy, just a big man. " His laughter eased some and he smiled at the kid, standing and lifting him to his feet in one move. " My name's Isaac. I'm a fisherman and this here is my beach and my home. "

End of Part 3 : Unreality

Last edited by FenrirFinale (2009-08-06 11:28:09)

Seize the Night~

#19 2009-08-06 07:25:59

wolfblood17

Interesting, very weird yet intriguing.  You've kept me thinking for a while and I'm still thinking.  I like the characters, their interesting to.

big_smile (with fangs!)

#20 2009-08-06 07:38:15

Dira
Nightwalker werewolf illustrator

Very good. I love this. smile

#21 2009-08-06 10:46:21

FenrirFinale

Thank you. smile

Seize the Night~

Board footer