The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-04 11:02:39

FenrirFinale

Black Rose. ( An attempted revision )

The wind blows through the forest chilling all caught in the grasp of autumn. Standing on a hill is a boy. His clothes are the standard for his age group. Blue denim jeans and a tight fitted black shirt covered by a brown leather jacket. He looks unremarkable save for the white streak of hair standing out starkly against his brown bangs. With a sigh he stretches grabbing his bag from its place against the tree behind him. Walking from the hill his eyes focus on the lake he's been watching all his life. There's no need for him to look where his feet fall; He knows this path so well you might even see his route cut through the still damp grass.  Howl Rose is in almost every way your normal high school teenager, or at least looks so on  the outside. 

Slipping a hand in his pocket he pulls out an MP3 player and headphones. Slipping them in he starts one of his favorite songs, Moonlight Sonata. Listening to this and other classic music as he walks into town he smiles to himself immersed in the liquid notes. As he checks his watch he realizes he'll end up being early for school but that's alright for today at least. Glancing around he notices the decorations finally. Adults run around setting up stalls down the main street and orange banners line the street running from light pole to light pole. Pumpkins sit here and there some with grinning faces and others blank and whole instead of happy and hollow.

" Halloween. " He grunts as he reaches his school house. " Just another excuse for humans to act like fools. " He grimaces entering his classroom as he spots the orange banner proclaiming " Happy Halloween! " and the grinning miniature pumpkin on the teacher's desk.  He's the second person here surpassed by only the the teacher herself.

The young woman turns to greet her arriving student and freezes shocked at seeing Howl here so early. " O-oh! Good morning Howl! Happy Halloween! " She gushes delighted to see the school's biggest problem child so early. They'll never believe this in the lounge. She thinks to herself amazed at the sight before her.

" Morning Ms. Watts.  " He says polite even in his indifference as he goes to his desk at the back of the classroom. Sadly this won't save him from conversation with the exuberant teacher.   

" Are you coming to the festival tonight? " She asks following him and busying her hands by watering the plants along the windowsill. How in God's name does this kid make me so nervous? It's like he's not even a teenager.    She thinks glad her hands are on the watering can in case they should shake.

" No I'm not much for social events. " Howls shrugs getting out a leather bound notebook and opening the clasp. Inside are stories and musical notes along with memoirs doting the pages.  Taking out a pen he begins scanning the page looking for any grammatical errors or any misplaced notes in his short compositions.

" Well who knows you might enjoy it. " His teacher says gentle heart wanting to help this boy even without knowing why. " Howl you can't be alone all the time you need some kind of interaction. " She says risking upsetting the boy all the students and most of the teachers fear.

" I have my thoughts and my music.  " He says dismissing her concern with the cold callousness of someone who'd rather remain  alone in their solitude.

" Alright then. Just ..... please try; it bothers  to see you all alone. " She says her face conveying her sorrow as she moves walking back to her desk.

" I do appreciate it Ms. Watts. " He says unable to keep his heart from twitching at her defeated expression. " Thank you for worrying. " The usually silent and stony expression breaking into a soft smile.

" Oh well . . . you're welcome! " She smiles amazed yet again. He's smiling! She squeals delightedly in her mind.  Returning to her desk she sits grinning and she will for the rest of the day especially when she tells the teachers of the rare smile she squeezed out of Howl Rose.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not much can be said for my writing I rarely ever seem to be able to finish a story anymore and my poems drift into a repetitive stupor. However amazingly enough I managed to rediscover the combination from my first stories and it's put me in the mood to rewrite them.   So here's the new opening to Black Rose Hope I can managed to drag some of my old fans back and get some positive input. smile

Last edited by FenrirFinale (2009-10-04 19:16:29)

Always happy to chat so add me on Kik at ArcticRhapsody.

Seize the Night~

#2 2009-10-04 11:35:43

lonewolf13

Re: Black Rose. ( An attempted revision )

more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. ...In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth...."
    Alphonse Elric --- Fullmetal Alchemist

#3 2009-10-04 11:54:57

FenrirFinale

* chuckles * Glad to see someone likes it. Alright then starting the next revision now. wink

Seize the Night~

#4 2009-10-04 11:59:33

lonewolf13

yay!!

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. ...In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth...."

#5 2009-10-04 12:54:47

FenrirFinale

Howl struggled to stay awake through the rest of his classes. Not that it'd matter if I slept. He thought rather irritably in his third period. I pass every thing in spades and I barely even show up for school! Sighing to himself and earning a reproachful glance from the blond in front of him to which he responded by glaring back staring her down before returning to his writings.

When the school day finally ended he waited packing his stuff away patiently as the others streamed away to prepare for the festival.  Making his way down the empty halls he smiled realizing that even most of the teachers had rushed out all work well and truly forgotten until tomorrow. It's quite amazing really that the town still keeps the old harvest festival as a part of the community. He thought not noticing one of the classroom doors opening and Ms. Watts stepping out with a large stack of papers in her arms. It was doubtful she noticed either so intent was she on planning out her night and grinning to herself still in the best of moods.

The two collided in front of the open doorway like a pair of cars ignoring the red light before them.   Papers scattered and the young teacher toppled caught of guard and knocked of the precarious balance  many woman deal with while wearing high-heeled shoes. The boy reacted with the natural speed his kind are born with and caught her before she could hit the ground.

Setting her upright again he bent gathering the scattered papers as if nothing had happened, the only real proof that they had collided being the scattered material and the slightly askew angle of the startled teacher's glasses. 

" I-I'm sorry Howl I didn't see you! " She said regaining her composure and kneeling to help the boy gather the rest of the papers he face red from embarrassment.

" That's alright Ms. Watts I was in my own little world as well. " He responded chuckling some a sound never before heard by any teacher at the school nor any adult in the town.

Blinking she nodded collecting the last of them and standing with a friendly smile, cheeks still reddish in color. " So um no chance you changed your mind about coming to the festival is there? " She asks searching for stable ground to start a conversation as the two start walking to the entrance together.

" No I'm just gonna head home and relax. " He says shifting the bag on his shoulder to a more comfortable position. "

" Well that really is a shame. But if you change your mind be sure to stop by my booth I'm running the prize raffle this year. I bet the full moon will be beautiful tonight as well. " She said grinning like and idiot as they exited the building and she walked off heading to her car.

At her last comment the boy paused. " Full moon? " He asked the air softly blinking as he tallied up the days. " Oh man it is tonight! " He groaned and turned rushing away to the nearby woods  taking the shortcut back home.

Although werewolves weren't the creatures portrayed in the movies they were badly affected by the moon and Howl was no exception. Tonight he would hunt whether he wanted to or not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by FenrirFinale (2009-10-04 12:59:09)

Seize the Night~

#6 2009-10-06 16:55:15

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

ah so wonderful.more,please.

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

#7 2009-10-07 12:04:51

lonewolf13

MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please smile smile smile smile smile

#8 2009-10-07 18:53:34

FenrirFinale

Next update comes this weekend guys to keep and eye out. wink

Seize the Night~

#9 2009-10-07 20:42:51

stoicfortitude

That would hurt

#10 2009-10-11 18:14:29

werewolfKAI-chan
Website

Its sooo interesting, I wanna read more smile

-Howl at the moon and wait for the transformation
-Vampires DON'T sparkle

#11 2009-10-11 18:18:10

FenrirFinale

I wasn't able to update this weekend my apologies. Tomorrow is a promise though since I'll have some quiet time to just sit down and write. ( Trying to get my editor to take a look at what's already written. )

Seize the Night~

#12 2009-10-13 16:19:17

FenrirFinale

It just occurred to me that I've started this revision almost directly before Halloween. Epic timing on my part all be it unintentional. wink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The young boy panicked even as his pace stayed even crunching over the leaves at a steady rate. His heart was troubled as the thought of the upcoming festival.  " If I don't hunt early there's a chance I might attack the actual festival and that would be bad. " He mumbled head lowered. " Moon above why do you do this to us!? " The teenage werewolf half shouts a the clear sky.

Sighing loudly he continues his short journey.

This is another path that is often walked by the boy, especially on the days he wishes to avoid the town. Finally breaking though the trees a large house comes into view. Nestled in the surrounding forest well away from the town the two story Colonial stands in all it's magnificence. Smiling he walks up entering  and setting his bag down by the entrance.

" I'm home! " He calls through the empty rooms his voice lost in the silence.  With a sad sigh he shuts the door. " Welcome to Castle Rose population: Me " The door shuts as he finishes punctuating his notes with a loud snap.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Painfully short I know but I'm short on time. Sorry! * bows *

Last edited by FenrirFinale (2009-11-27 21:04:49)

Seize the Night~

#13 2009-10-13 18:55:39

fangsofsorrow
lonesome protector

real nice

im bi.... can you blame me?

Board footer