The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-10 12:36:33

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

Rate the Last Werewolf You Saw:

We all watch our furry friends on TV (or on-line), and watch again.
It could be your favorite movie, least favorite show,
or some random show you looked up just FOR the werewolf:

Rate the werewolf you last watched!
Between 1 and 5, what are your views on the acting, transformations, appearance, etc.

~~~

For me, it was:
Tales From the Crypt's werewolf from the episode Werewolf Concerto - 4/5

The transformation was decent, the werewolf himself was great (and played by Timothy Dalton, an excellent actor and my favorite Bond wink), but the werewolf itself was kinda weird looking. So I took a point off for appearance.

"Man is not a beast. Compared to man, beast are angels. Do they kill their own for the sake of killing?
Do they worship Satan? Man wrecks, and ravages, and calls the devil. But unlike beasts, and unlike angels...
Man can cry, and confess, and repent. Change, and begin again. GIVE THE DEVIL HELL!"

#2 2009-10-10 13:43:19

FenrirFinale

Re: Rate the Last Werewolf You Saw:

First Were movie I ever saw was Silver Bullet. Still my all time favorite Were movie and by far the scariest.

5/5 for sticking to the original story and epic appearance.

Always happy to chat so add me on Kik at ArcticRhapsody.

Seize the Night~

#3 2009-10-10 21:14:05

Amarok

Off topic already . . . but somebody once commented to me that Timothy Dalton looks like a wolf in human form -- and I had to agree!

I saw a nature special once, years ago, in which Dalton travels to some remote spot in the Arctic with David Mech, the wolf expert.  After watching the wolf family from afar for some time, Mech and Dalton pack up to leave -- and the female wolf lopes in out of the tundra, leading its cubs right up to Dalton!  Perhaps they recognized him as a kindred spirit . . .

"No, no, go not to Lethe, neither twist Wolf's-bane, tight-rooted. for its poisonous wine." -- Keats, "Ode to Melancholy"

#4 2009-10-10 22:56:57

Viergacht

Last werewolf I saw was on 'Criminal Minds' last night. Comic book artist with a PTSD psychotic break imagined the gangbangers he was killing were werewolves. A few quick shots of articulated masks, but fairly decent looking. 2/5. Could have used more werewolves.

#5 2009-10-10 23:30:03

SouthPaw

Amarok wrote:

Off topic already . . . but somebody once commented to me that Timothy Dalton looks like a wolf in human form -- and I had to agree!

I saw a nature special once, years ago, in which Dalton travels to some remote spot in the Arctic with David Mech, the wolf expert.  After watching the wolf family from afar for some time, Mech and Dalton pack up to leave -- and the female wolf lopes in out of the tundra, leading its cubs right up to Dalton!  Perhaps they recognized him as a kindred spirit . . .

Funny you mention that about Dalton. smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a6k4zbpAag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_gz7NE18zs

Last edited by SouthPaw (2009-10-10 23:30:21)

#6 2009-10-11 14:10:08

ArcLight
Website

Hmm....does the latest episode of Psych count?

"How lonely is the night without the howl of a wolf."
"Werewolves are BAD ASS." - Dean Winchester
Buckaroo Banzai - Highlander - Kolchak - Buffy - Doc Savage
http://members.fortunecity.com/lost_giant

#7 2009-10-11 23:33:34

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

FenrirFinale wrote:

First Were movie I ever saw was Silver Bullet. Still my all time favorite Were movie and by far the scariest.

5/5 for sticking to the original story and epic appearance.

I didn't used to think werewolf movies were very scary at all, but for some reason, after watching that I found myself looking over my shoulder a couple of times. O.O

SouthPaw wrote:

Amarok wrote:

Funny you mention that about Dalton. smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a6k4zbpAag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_gz7NE18zs

Maybe that's why I thought he was so hot when I saw him playing Bond! lol
But yeah, those are the same links that I used to watch that episode from my first post! big_smile

ArcLight wrote:

Hmm....does the latest episode of Psych count?

If it had a werewolf in it, sure.

"Man is not a beast. Compared to man, beast are angels. Do they kill their own for the sake of killing?
Do they worship Satan? Man wrecks, and ravages, and calls the devil. But unlike beasts, and unlike angels...
Man can cry, and confess, and repent. Change, and begin again. GIVE THE DEVIL HELL!"

#8 2009-10-12 10:05:59

Gralkiil
Website

I just caught, much to my dismay, The Howling II:  Your Sister is a Werewolf.

Terrible.  Bad masks, bad acting, bad special effects, bad script, bad plot, terrible, completely unable to understand the ending, bad wolf transformations, semi-transformations, bad wolf battles, and terrible combat sequences with and without wolves.

I give it a -10 out of 5

But I watched it.  smile  Next up is Underworld II: Rise of the Lycans, which I saw in the theaters...i KNOW this is a much better Werewolf movie.

"The demon wolf is not evil, unless the man he has bitten is evil. And it feels good to be a wolf, doesn't it?"

http://graalkiil.mybrute.com <- it's pointless fun fighting!

#9 2009-10-12 11:30:37

fearless freak

Silver Bullet 5/5 it has been a while since i last saw it and i put it up there with AWIL

if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough

#10 2009-10-12 11:52:19

Viergacht

Gralkiil wrote:

Terrible.  Bad masks, bad acting, bad special effects, bad script, bad plot, terrible, completely unable to understand the ending, bad wolf transformations, semi-transformations, bad wolf battles, and terrible combat sequences with and without wolves.

I give it a -10 out of 5

But I watched it.  smile  Next up is Underworld II: Rise of the Lycans, which I saw in the theaters...i KNOW this is a much better Werewolf movie.

I love Howling 2. As a horror movie, it's crap on toast, but as a surrealist comedy it's brilliant.

#11 2009-10-12 13:45:54

ArcLight
Website

Well, Psych had someone who seemed to be a werewolf (and a character played by David Naughton).

Guess the last actual fur/fangs werewolf I saw was...hmm...must've been the Fear Itself episode "Something With Bite."

Definitely a 4/5 as far as TV episode werewolves go.

"How lonely is the night without the howl of a wolf."
"Werewolves are BAD ASS." - Dean Winchester
Buckaroo Banzai - Highlander - Kolchak - Buffy - Doc Savage
http://members.fortunecity.com/lost_giant

#12 2009-10-13 19:29:41

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

Gralkiil wrote:

I give it a -10 out of 5

I have that. It was a gift from a friend, and I must say I feel guilty he had to waste his money on such crap.
Decent cast, and some effects were good, but the rest sucked so bad! 8P
And I think you agree from what you said, but your rating confuses me, unless you were being sarcastic. (which can be hard to tell on-line)

#13 2009-10-13 23:49:19

Gralkiil
Website

Roi Doberwolf wrote:

Gralkiil wrote:

I give it a -10 out of 5

I have that. It was a gift from a friend, and I must say I feel guilty he had to waste his money on such crap.
And I think you agree from what you said, but your rating confuses me, unless you were being sarcastic. (which can be hard to tell on-line)

Very sarcastic, hence the negative rating.  On a scale of 1-5 it was a -10....

"The demon wolf is not evil, unless the man he has bitten is evil. And it feels good to be a wolf, doesn't it?"

http://graalkiil.mybrute.com <- it's pointless fun fighting!

#14 2009-10-14 07:05:12

Daninsky
Website

Leviátan (Sp?) with Alice Cooper
Werewolf rating 1, there's an incredibly awful transformation sequence that looks like Cat People (remake) shot with a cheap Halloween mask, don't ask about the werewolf costume!
A terrible werewolf fitting a terrible movie; if you haven't seen that, worry not, you didn't miss anything 'cept cute Victoria Vera.

Project: Metal Beast / DNA Overload
Werewolf rating 4, I really love the hulking werewolf costume in that movie and the later Metal Beast with it's Iron Rods for Dreadlocks look is kinda cool, too, best of all there's no stupid CGI in sight!
The story goes okay, it always makes me think of "Night of the Creeps" with it's frozen guy premise, it's silly but not laugh at the expense of the audience silly as some of todays movies are.
The only thing the movie misses is a real transformation sequence (but I can see where that would have strained their budget).

Last edited by Daninsky (2009-10-14 07:07:08)

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#15 2009-10-14 09:27:58

zockereinstein

Daninsky wrote:

Project: Metal Beast / DNA Overload
Werewolf rating 4, I really love the hulking werewolf costume in that movie and the later Metal Beast with it's Iron Rods for Dreadlocks look is kinda cool, too, best of all there's no stupid CGI in sight!
The story goes okay, it always makes me think of "Night of the Creeps" with it's frozen guy premise, it's silly but not laugh at the expense of the audience silly as some of todays movies are.
The only thing the movie misses is a real transformation sequence (but I can see where that would have strained their budget).

I've heard somewhere that Project Metalbeast sucked, but I'll watch it by myself. And personally I prefer a good TF scene followed by a terribly bad costume, but you're right, it could be somewhat expensive (exception made if you believe Nyle Cavazos' own words about the FT on his movie, which cost 500usd).

#16 2009-10-15 12:39:37

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

Gralkiil wrote:

Roi Doberwolf wrote:

Gralkiil wrote:

I give it a -10 out of 5

Very sarcastic, hence the negative rating.  On a scale of 1-5 it was a -10....

Ah, sorry. Didn't notice the negative (-).

#17 2009-10-16 23:25:51

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

Sorry to double post ^^;

Never Cry Werewolf ~ 3.5/5
The reviews I read on this didn't sound to promising, but I thought it was good.
The plot was enjoyable, and the characters decent. But this is for the werewolf:
Wasn't really any transformation scene to rate, but I give it half decent points for what there was.
The werewolf in human form was interesting, okay acting and all. But in wolf form...
Well, the wolf looked great, but it was like I was watching American Werewolf In London, where you never got to see the whole body.
Except this was made only LAST year, and they made more of an effort on the freakin' hell-hound then they did the ACTUAL werewolf!
I docked a point off for that.
And the fact that they didn't finish or at least make the 2nd wolf's transformation look better.   ...he looked like a gremlin.

Board footer